Eleven

"I am... Coming through the door like a normal person!"

Kazue let his face fall from where it was barely supported by the palm of his hand, forehead slamming into the desk. His classmates, already used to the occurrence as it'd happened in every class thus far in the first two days of school, didn't even ask if he was alright.

Finally. It was getting annoying.

All Might strutted to the podium at the front of the room, grinning wide as he addressed the excitedly chattering teens. "I teach Hero Basic Training!" the blond announced grandly.

Really, never would've guessed, Kazue thought sarcastically. Like it hadn't been the subject of hero nerds' conspiracy theories for the past year. It was guaranteed that the news wouldn't stay in the school, and the press would definitely show up sooner or later. Not that they'd be able to get in through the gate without a pass, but it would still be annoying to leave when it happened.

"It is a subject where you can train in different ways to learn the basics of being a hero," All Might continued, fists at his hips in that 'heroic' pose he always did on TV. "You'll take the most units of this subject. Let's get right into it! This is what we'll do today—Combat training!"

If Kazue's head wasn't already on the desk in front of him, he would've let it fall at precisely that moment.

Combat training, huh?

They'd be paired up or put in groups, probably, to make it more realistic. Everyone would be in their hero costumes.

He shrugged to himself. At least he'd get to see how outlandish their costumes looked, with most heroes those days trying to make themselves look cool and think of functionality second. Key word: 'trying'. The companies that made their costumes and tended to actually make the useless attachments actually useful for something.

Ah, to be in the support course...

"And to go with that are these!" the hero smiled widely, pointing at the wall of the classroom. As if on cue, numbered cases slid out from slots. "Costumes made based on your Quirk registrations and requests you sent in before school started. After you change, gather in Ground Beta!"

"Yes, sir!"

Kazue died inside at his classmates' enthusiasm, hanging back to wait and grab his own case. The one numbered '10'. At least it wasn't seven like back during the practical exam. He was just about done with the universe trying to make him follow in his father's footsteps.

"So, thought over my offer yet?" he asked quietly as most of the other students had left to go change.

Midoriya's head jerked up from where he was holding up a... turquoise? jumpsuit, eyes wide. "Erm... I..." he hesitated, glancing over at the guy with the fire and ice Quirk and waiting until he'd left the room. "I don't know."

Kazue snorted at the response, wondering what the green-haired boy could be unsure about but not wanting to press. "Alright. Feel free to call anytime, then. You still have my card, right?"

A nod.

"Good luck during training," Kazue stated as an ominous form of goodbye, turning and leaving without a second word. He headed to the boy's locker room for Class 1-A with the student map he'd memorized the day before, then clicked open his case in a back corner away from all the other teens.

The brunet stared down at his costume. It looked good enough on the surface, but was it made the way he'd intended?

There was the top half, which appeared to be a black fitted, hoodless sweatshirt, and the bottom half, the kind of pants the military would wear. Durable, and not overly tight or loose so it wouldn't hinder movement. Gloves with a little padding over the knuckles and buttons on the sides of the index fingers. Wires were inlaid in the material from the buttons to the wrists, where they would get snapped to the sleeves of the top and travel down the similarly attached pants and the back of the shirt. The ones that went to the pants then continued down to what was one of the most important parts of the costume.