𝟓. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐕𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

Mirabel shoves open Bruno's door, revealing a dusty, dark ante room. In front of them, sand spills in from above, creating a curtain of sand, they aren't able to see beyond.

    "Casita, can you turn off the sand?" Mirabel looks back at the door.

    Nothing happens. Alana and Mirabel see the floor tiles go up, as if telling them that it cannot help beyond this point.

    "You can't help here?"

    "Each room it's it own world" Alana murmured looking at the sand, entranced.

    "We'll be fine. I need to do this, for you, for Abuela... maybe a little for me" she encouraged herself "Find the vision, save the mir-ack!"

    As Mirabel steps through the sand fall she falls, Alana, scared as she disappears, follows suit and also falls. Mirabel falls face first while Alana slides, they weren in a giant sand dune.

    "Whoa!"

    There is a sign reading Your Future Awaits, which points to the top of the room; hundreds of stairs lead all the way up. They look up, astonished at the trip ahead, and suddenly Antonio's toucan flaps down next to them. It smiles and squawks.

    "This isn't what I remember the room was like" Alana is already dreading the thought of climbing up the stairs.

    "Hello, lotta stairs but at last we'll have a friend" the toucan flies away, Mirabel and Alana look at him unimpressed "no, you flew away immediately"

    "Alright" Alana moves forward, Mirabel right behind her.

    "Welcome to the Family Madrigal" Mirabel tries to encourage them by singing, as they go up, and up, and up.

    They grow tired after a time, wheezing and struggling to continue.

    "There's many stairs in the Casa Madrigal," Alana complained, almost out of breath. "you would think there'd be another way to get so high cause they're magic, but no..."

    "Bruno, your room is the worst!" Mirabel manages to scream at the void.

    When they finally get to the top 0f the stairs, they find there is a gap in the path that leads to the temple. They groan, exhausted.

    "Come on"

    Alana removes a rope railing and throws it over a boulder above as an anchor.

    "Okay, we can do this"

    Mirabel lets Alana go first, she follows and loses balance for a second, almost falling, but she recovers and Alana pulls her to safety.

    Walking down the corridor, Mirabel accidentally knocks a pot full of rats, startling both of them, as they scurry into a sculpture of Bruno. They open the gate of the sanctum, the room is full of sand and there is little visibility. Mirabel and Alana walk to the center of the room.

    "Empty..." Mirabel looks worried.

    The wind on the cave closed the door with a loud sound, surprising them. Alana walks to try and open the door while Mirabel, seeing something glowing green in the sand, starts digging till she finds a glowing shard.

    "What's hurting the magic?"

    "Mirabel?" Alana leaves the door and walks to her side, realizing that she had found a part of the prophecy.

    "Help me, try to look for the other parts"

    They start digging, unbeknown to them, outside of the room the house seems to rumble and the candle flickers a bit. As they pulled more pieces together they realized that Mirabel is the one in the vision.