𝟏𝟏. 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

Alana struggled to hold three bags full of food her mother had requested her to buy for today's meal, she and Dolores had separated to buy the last items on the list so now Alana had to find a way for her to come back and they could go back home.

She walked to a bench to take a break but as she got close to the place something stopped her. Someone was crying.

    "Hey, Mariana?" The said girl noticed her and tried to regain her composure.

    "Hi, Alana" She greeted her, her voice low and quiet. Mariana didn't want to be found like this and thought that everyone had left to work on the Madrigal house or had other things to do in their lives.

    "Why so blue?" Alana sat down next to her, leaving the bangs by her side.

"Isaiah told me he doesn't want to marry me" Her voice cracks in the middle of the sentence, her shoulders down as she stares at her hands sitting in her lap.

Mariana struggles to talk but Alana doesn't push her, giving her time and space to calm herself.

"He told me that he doesn't love me like that," a sigh escapes from her lips "and that he is sorry for making me lose my time with someone who can't be with me"

Alana grabs her hand.

"I should have known that, he had never look at me the way he looks at you" She plays with a loose threat from her skirt "I just have so much love inside, but no one to give it to"

An idea occurs to Alana.

    "You know I've got this friend" Mariana watches as a small smile appears on Alana's face "Have you met Dolores?"

"Okay, I'll take it from here. '' Alana and Mariana jumped at Dolores' sudden appearance behind them.

    Dolores takes Mariana's hands between hers and stares at her eyes.

    "You take care of your mother and you make her proud. You write your own poetry every night when you go to sleep. And I'm seizing the moment so would you wake up and notice me."

Mariana smiles. "Dolores, I see you"

"And I hear you"

Alana stays at the side, internally celebrating at her friend's successful confession.

    "Let's get married" Mariana's proposal surprised Alana freezes and stares at them.

    "Slow down"

    They leave but not before Dolores gives Alana a wink.

    Go talk to him.

After she leaves the market bags at home there's only one thought on her mind, and it's that she won't let that flower boy avoid her anymore..

.

.

    "Stop running away from me"

    "Ahh!" Isaiah jumped scared by Alana appearing beside him, unnoticed.

    Alana stares at him, angry. Isaiah awkwardly laughs, a false smile on his lips as his eyes scan for a way to escape.

    "Lana, I need to..."

    "Don't Lana me" She sent him a death glance that made him gulp "Why have you been avoiding me?"

    "I haven't been avoiding you, what gave you that idea?" Isaiah shakes his head.

    She raises an eyebrow. "Then why do you run away whenever you see me?"

    "I don't do that"

    "Isa, did I do something to make you uncomfortable?" She looks troubled at him "Is that why you don't even want to talk to me?"