[22] 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘿𝙞𝙫𝙚

THE DIVE————————————

THE DIVE
————————————

It was the next day where everyone was going to find Eddie, Ren walked beside you while glancing at you from time to time.

Nico was up front with the others while talking with Steve about something.

"I guess we're going this way now," you said, Ren checked his watch silently, jaw clenching a bit.

when you didn't hear Ren respond, you turned to him worried.

"Hey, what's wrong?" You asked, moving closer to Ren while placing a finger around his pinky.

He turned to you, "Oh, n-nothing. Just, I'm worried." he said.

"About?" you asked, eyebrows furrowing, "You. I'm worried about you. I know it may sound crazy, but I just have this feeling something will go wrong with you involved. this Vecna-man man, or 'Vecna' guy as Dustin likes to call him, I think he's gonna hurt you, including max." Ren explained.

You stopped and Ren did as well, "Ren...I'll be okay. I promise."

Ren looked away and shook his head, "But-" he went to say but you stopped him.

"Hey, hey, look at me." you said, Ren didn't budge though.

"Ren." You placed a hand on his cheek, you were a little shocked when you saw a tear fall from his eye.

"I need you to trust me." You said, Ren looked over at you before nodding and wiping his tears away.

"Okay, alright. I trust you." Ren said and pulled you into a hug which you gladly accepted.
——

Few hours later you found Eddie and now we were at a lake.

"So..there's a gate in lover's lake?" You asked, Looking out into the water.

"Whenever the demogorgon attacked, it always left an opening. Maybe Vecna's the same way." Nancy stated.

"Yeah, only one way to find out." Steve said, nico went ahead and took the tarp off the boat.

Him and Steve went over and pulled the boat to the shore, Robin was the first to get on, then Nancy was next, right after was Eddie, then Nico.

Dustin was about to get on but Eddie stopped him, "Hey, hey, hey, you trying to sink us? This thing holds four people tops, okay?"

"It's better this way, okay? you guys stay with max and (Y/n. Keep an eye out for trouble." Nancy said.

"You keep an eye out. It's my goddamn theory." Dustin said, Ren looked between Nancy and Dustin awkwardly.

"You heard nance."

"Who put her in charge?"

"I did."

"Compass." Nancy said, Dustin handed her the compass and she took it.

"Hey, here." Nico said and threw Dustin his backpack.

Then Steve got on, "You said four." Dustin exclaimed.

"Sorry." Steve whispered, you stood next to Ren who laughed quietly.

"Bedtime at nine, kiddos." Robin joked, "Miss you already!" Nico yelled.

...