[13] 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙙

THE FLAYED————————————

THE FLAYED
————————————

Mike laid and ice pack on my head as I was asleep in his lap, well I wasn't fully sleep but I could hear what they were saying.

"Something's not right. I can't get hopper off my back all summer, now all of a sudden, he's hiking with Will's mom to Illinois? And Dustin's MIA, too? I mean, this can't be a coincidence." Mike said.

"What does it matter? The bottom line is, they're not here. It's up to us." Lucas added, "Up to us to do what exactly?" Mike questioned.

"Find billy and stop him." Lucas stated, "Okay, yeah, that's a really nice sentiment, but even if El could find him again, and that's a pretty big if, then what? That's putting (Y/n) at risk. Billy wants to take them to the flayed anyways." Mike said.

"We burn the shit out of him and make sure he doesn't escape this time."

"Okay, then what?"

"Then we win."

Mike shook his head, "No, see, that's the problem. We don't. We don't win. We got the mind flayer out of Will before and he just came right back. We don't just have to stop billy, we have to stop the mind flayer."

"How in the hell do we do that?" Lucas questioned, "I don't know." Mike said.

"Maybe (Y/n) and El do. You've seen them, somehow the mind flayer made a way to connect itself to (Y/n). And if we don't end the mind flayer fast it could kill (Y/n)." Ren explained.

Mike turned towards the bathroom door, "What are they still doing in there?"

"I don't know. Girls just like hanging out in bathrooms."Lucas shrugged.

"Why?" Mike asked and turned to Ren, "I mean, I don't know."Ren answered.

"They're conspiring against me." Mike said, "That's what you're concerned about right now?" Will exclaimed.

"It's not my main concern. It's just a sub-concern." Mike said.

"I thought it was already over." Will said, "it's not over, okay? We're just taking a break." Mike replied.

"She said she dumped your ass. That doesn't sound like a break. And scratch that, (Y/n) dumped both of your asses. So it's most definitely not a break!" Will said.

"It wasn't! You guys do realize we can still hear everything you're saying, right?" I heard max say.

"Conspiring. I told you they're conspiring." Mike whispered.

I sat up from the couch and rubbed my tired eyes, an ice pack still on my head.

I heard a knock at the door, I locked eyes with Mike for a minute before looking away.

"Not now, mom!" Mike yelled.

"Mike, open the door." It was Nancy— and Jonathan was with her.

——

We were now at the hospital, I sat alone in a chair while Ren sat beside me, I felt him tap my shoulder.

"I always thought these magazines were a scam but guess it's the truth." Ren said, I looked at the magazine.

I then chuckled, "The hairstyle is horrible." Ren laughed a little.

I saw Mike and El talking to each other, seems like they already made up, that's good for them.

Then I frowned, I guess they really didn't care about me. Eh, I'm used to it.

Ren glanced at me and then over and Mike and El, "Hey, I'm pretty sure they'll come over here and talk to you. they aren't gonna leave you in the dark like that, especially how protective they are over you." He explained, I just shrugged.

"They always leave me in the dark. I mean, what did I expect? I just entered the relationship, they've known each other for the longest." I said, Ren wrapped an arm around my shoulders and pointed at Mike and El.

"See that right there?" He asked, I slowly nodded.

"Alright, well here's what I've been seeing: they keep glancing over at you, whispering to one another, ALL day. They're trying to make a plan on what to do. And I bet you they'll gesture for me to get up from this seat right now to talk to you. watch." Ren explained.

And he was right, I saw Mike and El stand up and walk over to me.

"Told you." Ren whispered before patting my shoulder reassuringly and walking over to Will.

Mike sat next to me and so did El, I looked at them both before looking down at the ground.

"Hi." I said, Mike gave me a little wave, "Hey." Him and El said in sync.

I glanced at El, "You look nice." I said, breaking the silence, she smiled.

"Thank you." She said, I just nodded, her and mike nodded to each other.

"We want to apologize." El spoke, "Yeah, we're sorry (Y/n). this'll never happen again. Us ignoring you- we were too caught up with each other to give you any attention. and it's okay if you don't want to be with us anymore." Mike explained.

"We understand." El said, I nodded and fiddled with my hands, there was a comfortable silence between us.

"I forgive you both." I said, raising my head up, I heard El squeal and pull me into a hug, I hugged her back.

I pulled away and saw Mike smile, he grabbed my hand and placed a kiss on my knuckles, I leaned my head on his shoulder as I held El's hand.

I felt a shiver run down my spine, I stood up and Mike looked at me with concern.

"What's wrong, (Y/n)?" El asked, I stood there for a minute, hand shaking in fear.

Something was here.

...