Chapter 14: The Docks - Rainbow on a Sunny Day

"Weiss! Get down!"

Emotionally exhausted and staring down the warped, exaggerated visage of a monster she'd associated herself with all her life, Weiss was amazed she even heard the frantic shout, even more that she had enough presence of mind to shove herself down against the dock's pavement, the pink and brown-haired criminal before her glancing up in surprise.

"Absolute Power Blaze!"

With a thunderous roar accompanied by the vibrant hum of a duel runner's engine, an infernal tide swept through the corridor of shipping containers. The flames flooded over Weiss's head and smashed into both the monster and criminal towering over the exhausted heiress, both beings shattering apart. The white-haired girl wondered if the pink and brown-eyed girl had been killed, only for her to appear perfectly fine several paces back, leaping up from a perfect split across the ground.

But the moment the criminal rose back to her feet, Yang's duel runner roared over Weiss's head, Hot Red Dragon Archfiend soaring behind her. The blonde hunting duelist left her dragon to defend the beleaguered Weiss and drove straight for the dichromatic woman. The pink and brown-haired imp smirked and gracefully twirled out of the way, though Hot Red Dragon Archfiend let out a startling roar that stalled her movements just a second. One second for Yang to reach out and grab at her parasol duel disk. The hunting duelist's fingers grazed its dome…

… only for the criminal to dance away. She shot Yang a playful smirk and tauntingly wagged her finger at the hunting duelist.

Yang's speed carried her forward until the blonde skidded her runner to a stop. Surrounded by the flames of her dragon's attack, she looked up at the pink and brown-haired crook… and smiled?

Both Weiss and her assailant tilted their heads at that, only for their eyes to widen when Yang raised a Blue-Eyes White Dragon card.

"I believe this belongs to my friend," she gloated.

The pink and brown-eyed woman lowered her parasol and gasped at the absence of the card she'd stolen a moment before. Weiss was amazed that Yang had managed to snatch it when she'd grazed the duel disk in her driveby.

"Now then," Yang said, tucking the Blue-Eyes card away and glaring at the criminal who'd been about to murder Weiss with her own monster. "Care to take on a duelist who's actually on her feet?"

Hot Red Dragon Archfiend roared, chorusing its mistress's taunt.

The pink and brown-haired woman raised an eyebrow at both duelist and dragon, and chuckled. She fixed them with a smile no less playful than her others, but cold. Like a vicious child ready to tear the wings off a pesky fly.

She lowered her parasol to duel. Yang drew Ember Celica from her duel runner, mindful of Weiss in the blast range if she started a hunting mode fight. The pair were ready to duel when…

BING!

Yang and Weiss blinked in surprise, amazed to hear something as mundane as a scroll notification go off in a situation like this. However, the criminal before them, just pulled out her scroll, looked at whatever message that had appeared on it, and smiled fondly.

She gifted Weiss mocking bow, and then shot Yang and Hot Red Dragon Archfiend a sadistic smirk with a clear message. 'Next time.'