Chapter 14 Revelation

A girl was running around the whole house for the preparation of the engagement of her favourite cousin Anahita. She was the sister who was her confidant, her secret keeper, her best friend, advisor and sometimes the strict teacher who taught her the lessons of life which she learned.

She was elated that finally her sister can pursue her happiness after the onslaught of miseries thrusted upon her. She finally found her love, respect and also peace in her fiance after that douche broke her heart into pieces and left her to collect them.
She entered Anahita's room and got rooted on her spot to see her looking so gorgeous in blush pink and coral color indo western lehenga.Her tear ducts got opened on its own and her cousin shaked her head seeing her so emotional for something so trivial.

"FYI, i am not going now, today's only my engagement so you have some time to trouble me."Anahita joked with her teared eyes.
"I am not crying, i am happy for you di",Anvika hugged her and let it go after having her fill.
"Promise me you will take care of yourself, dont let anyone hurt you and most important call me at regular intervals so that i can rest assured that you are happy and safe. And also you are looking very beautiful.", said Anvika.
"Okh, now enough, save some for my bidaai and get ready,your time is running out."said Anahita pointing at the clock.
Anvika facepalmed herself and got ready in sky blue anarkali suit. She wore oxidised jhumkas, bangles and let her slightly curled hairs fall free on her back.

 She wore oxidised jhumkas, bangles and let her slightly curled hairs fall free on her back

"You wait here till i come to get you and i am going to help that is if anyone needs."said Anvika.
"Spend some time with others also, everyone was missing you a lot you know"said Anahita with a knowing look.
"Hmm", Anvika sighed.
She has not talked to them from two years as she was so cooped up with her issues and then her boards came. She also missed her cousins a lot.
She was also waiting for them from yesterday to meet them. When she came to hall, Anahita's sister in law came and hand over her 10 months old baby.
"Anvika, will you please look after Ansh for some time. Mom is calling me for urgently".said Neha.
"Hmm sure bhabhi".said Anvika smiling at the cute baby who was making aglo...bglo... voices giving a two tooth grin.
When she sat on one of the chairs available, she started playing with him and laughing along.
"Hey Anvika, hey di", came four voices startling her. When she looked up, she found her four cousins smiling down at her.
She also greeted and smiled saying hello to them.
They sat in a circle surrounding her and asked her about how she has been and how they are sorry that they didnt came they she needed them.
Anvika shaked her head left to right and said that she is not angry at them and that she is happy that they are now finally gathering.
They talked a lot and cute Ansh became everyone's centre of attention because of his adorable antics.
She was staring at her surroundings with a smile, the lively atmosphere, bickerings and then jabbings of her cousins at each other and then a soft bundle of joy in her hands. She felt satisfied with her current life.
Her trance broke when one of her cousin called out to her and said that her parents were calling her.
She went to her parents who ere talking to an elder couple, one of them being familiar to her.
She greeted them by joining her hands and turned towards her parents and what she missed was the widening of the couple's eyes and smile upon seeing her.
"Bhai sahab, she is my precious daughter i was talking about, my Anvika, my pride." said her father with his head held high as peacock.
She smiled at her father overcomplementing her.
"Yes i know her. She is talented also, remember me Anvika, we met".said the man.
"Yes sir,Nice meeting you again",said Anvika to which her parents looked confused and she explained them that he was the chief guest at the fest.
"Anvika, let me introduce them to you again. He is Mr.Yuvraj Agnihotri, my old friend and she is Mrs. Shree Agnihotri, his wife. We were very good friends back then but somehow lost contact. And now we again met them as they are related to the to-be-groom. This is such a fortunate accident to meet them",said her father.
"You have got a gem Siya ji", said Shree with a bright smile.
"Yes, i will not be modest in this case, Anvi is indeed my gem. By the way, where are your children. I remember you also have a daughter and two sons. Introduce them to us also",said Siya.
"Oh they must be here only, one second", saying she waved at her children who came there, one carrying annoyed while the other blank face.
Anvika was left bewildered seeing her two close friends in front of her. They were also sporting the same emotion.
After the momentary shock, Jia jumped and hugged Anvika happily. Anay panicked inside because he was afraid of disclosing his identity in this way. He wanted to tell her himself. He was wishing that she would not hate him. After so much efforts, she was beginning to warm herself to him. He did not wanted to go to square one.
"So you also know each other",said Shree.
They told them that they are friends, listening to it everyone was pleasantly surprised to have so many coincidents in a single day.
"Then also, let me introduce you to my son Anay and daughter Jia", said Yuvraj and discreetly smirking at Anay and thinking that now came the spice in his son's love story. It was too bland.
Anay glared at his father in return.
"Ohh, i know him, he is Anvi's friend and actually we are very thankful for him for he saved my daughter",said Ajay.
"He is right bhai sahab, Shree ji,we will be forever indebted to him for his kindness", said Siya smiling through tears.
On the other hand, Anvika was numbed after the revelation. She did not know how to react. Should she be angry about it and if yes then why. Because everyone has the right of privacy. But weren't they friends? Atleast she deserved to know about this. And Jia was his sister and she also didn't told her that Anay is her brother. She must have made fun of her when she had told her how intimidating he acts and how much she feared him previously. But again Jia is not like that. Anvika's mind was running in every direction her thoughts were taking her to. Her insecurities were again acting upon her. She clutched her head and moved aside saying that Anahita is calling her. She went upstairs in her temporary room and closed the door. Sliding against it she sat folding her knees and cried to lighten the weight getting heavy on her heart.
After few minutes, someone knocked the door and she hastily wiped her tears, took a deep breath stablising her emotions she opened the door only to come across Anay who was looking worried and guilty. She tried to close the door but couldn't as he blocked it with his hand and came inside. He closed it and faced her. She looked away from him not wanting to listen him.
"I....let me explain myself. Anvika i know you must be angry at me and Jia but i had a reason to do so",said Anay.
"Hmm, you must have had and i don't care about it. You should have told me about being her brother atleast. I was not any random girl, i was your good friend...wait am i the only one thinking that i am your friend. You don't even see me as your friend right otherwise you would not have hidden such a big thing from me"... She exhaled... "I dont want to listen any of your excuse, you can leave", she said.
"No, i will not. I will tell you the reason and then leave. You know right what my father is. Everyone wants to flatter him and they do. Because of which i always lived in the shadow of my father. I wanted to move out of it and for that i concealed my identity. I wanted to do something on my own, without the influence of Agnihotri surname. And i was also protecting myself, you know what happened with Daksh, i did not wanted to repeat the same mistake that he made. I know i should have told you about me and i was going to do the same but i guess i got a little late and for that i am sorry. I hope you will understand me. And one more thing, Jia is not at fault here, i made her promise me that she will not tell about myself to anyone. So don't be angry on her. And please don't break what we have i mean what we all have. You mean a lot to us all."Anay finished.
Anvika silently listened to all his expaination contemplating it. She knew what he is saying is right but she could not bring herself to say this to him. Maybe she was hurt and she also wanted to tell him that what this decision has cost him.
"Ohk, i got it. Now please leave."said Anvika controlling herself.
"Will you not forgive me Anvika? I told you. Please i... I am sorry ohk."said Anay with exasperation.
"I need some time. I will forgive you for it is not some unforgivable mistake. I....I just need some time to process it all. I am so overwhelmed with all this. And after i do it i will myself come to you all."said Anvika.
Anay nodded defeatedly and left from there. As soon as he left, the dam of tears broke and she sat on the bed chastising herself for being so rude to one who always been nothing but soft to her. When it was not his fault, he was apologizing for it for he did not wanted to lose her. She was in turmoil as what she should do. A call on her phone interupted her inner councelling session. She was called to bring Anahita downstairs for the ceremony. She wiped her tears and corrected her makeup and left to complete the task.
When she reached the to be bride's room, Anahita seeing her swollen eyes asked her the reason for it. She said that it is beacuse of her and Anahita beleived her excuse seeing no other plausible reason for it.
They hugged each other and left for the ritual.

Anay was feeling very low, he did not knew till now that this decision of hers will hurt him so much. He did not wanted any misunderstandings between them. But he will respect her decision as well because he brought it upon himself. She must be feeling hurt because of him, so he should also suffer along with her.
"Bhai don't worry, i know my Anvi, she will forgive us. She have a heart of gold. I will apologise to her as soon as possible. I hope she doesn't stay angry for long", said Jia sadly.

Their converation came to halt when music for arrival of bride to be started. They looked at the stairs and saw the bride but Anay's eyes came to stop at his heart. Now that he looked her properly, she was making him smitten by her second by second. Everytime he see her, he falls in love with her again and again.His eyes did not leave her, fixing them on her. Now he should wait for her forgiveness and then immediately fasten the process of making her his. He can see many males eyeing her and he got a very bitter feeling in his heart. He could sense that he was jealous and he was not going to deny it. He felt that it is also a shade of love that he should feel in order to not take her for granted.

He looked at the stage where two souls were becoming one and the love radiating from both of them. He wished he could also get to do these things with the one who is his love who is angry at him right now.

After the ring ceremony, everyone moved to the dance floor to enjoy themselves. Anvika was not feeling good so she declined but later her cousins dragged their not easily met cousin to dance. They emotionally blackmailed her saying that when are they going to met each other, when will they enjoy, she does not meet them often so she should enjoy with them and Anvika gave into their dramatic acting and danced with them.

Later the day came to wrap and everyone took their leave. Anay's parents came to say goodbye to Anvika's parents exchanging their contact numbers. Anay and Jia did not get to see Anvika and they felt like abandoned puppies waiting for their master to acknowledge them.

Here is chapter 14.

I have introduced Anahita here whose story will also come but after completing this story. So please comment your views regarding it.

Enjoy reading and hope you like it.

Please comment your views and VOTE if you liked the chapter.

Thank you
Yours Truly
AG