Chapter 10 Mellifluous

Excitement, nervousness, fear, giddiness and to mask it all confidence. Anvika was sitting in the backstage room waiting for her turn to perform the introductory background flute ringtone for the lamp lightening. She was nervously wringing her fingers for it was her first time to play the flute in front of so many people. She learnt it to cope with the stress she went through few years ago but she only played it in front of her family. How was she going to perform, will she be able to play without any hitch.
"You will perform good, stop being so anxious."said Anay who was now sitting beside her to accompany her as Jia has to go to prepare for her performance as well.
"If I didn't?", asked Anvika making the face with big doe hazel brown eyes filled with vulnerablilty and pursed lips. Anay looked away from her to control himself and now he was feeling stressed as she was looking so damn cute that he wanted to keep her in his pocket hidden from the world. He sighed and turned to look into her eyes and said"So what if you do any mistake in it, no one's gonna find out as everyone will be focused on the main thing that is lamp lightening and even if your music mentor finds out so what, he will just scold you a little which i think you can handle it. And if you feel down after that, you have me...i mean we, Jia, Sahana, me and those two stupids who will cheer you up. So stop stressing and focus on how will we celebrating after the fest."said Anay encouraging her.
If few months ago someone have asked him to comfort someone, Anay would have snorted at their face saying it is not his forte and now here he is consoling her and not only he is doing good job at it, he is also feeling happy inside that she is listening to him attentively as his words are the most important.
And if few months ago someone have asked  Anvika that she will befriend the college hunk who everyobe worships she straightaway would have denied and even would have challenged that she would never ever be his friend and bring wrath of countless jealous girls upon herself. But today after listening to him, all seems to be worth it. He has been one of the best persons in her life to whom she can't be thankful enough for she didn't once encountered any mishaps in this new life. He has always been standing as a shield to protect her from them. Somewhere she knows that she is attracted to him and who will not after all he is perfect from every angle. Whenever he smiles at her, she gets so dazzled that everything becomes a mere background to accomodate him. Whenever she watches him working on laptop looking so serious her eyes betrays her and do not look away from him. Is she starting to like him? She does which she is scared about.Does he also likes her, he behaves different with her when he behaves with other girls. But then he also treats Sahana and Jia like this. But she should not think about all this, she should not forget about rules she set for herself. Sigh.

Her reasoning came to halt when one senior came to remind her that her performance is 5 minutes away. Taking deep breaths, she looked towards Anay who in return nodded encouraging her.
"We will be in the audience section waiting for the spectacular performance", smiled Anay at her which brought smile on her face too.

The performance started and the guest of honours came to light the lamp. Dressed in white closed neck full sleeved anarkali which she had worn for her dance competition, hair secured in braid, hands adorned with red alta(dye), playing Airy, poetic, mellow, ethereal flute tone she looked so beautiful like goddess.