SIMPHIWE SHANDU THE HUSBAND

CHAPTER 43
BAGQIBILE

It’s Monday morning and I believe I am having a not so well Monday – if that is what it is called. I am just dragging myself. I didn't want to be here. After that stupid date I decided to take leave and just be home to forget about everything. I was just spending more time with my daughter. And that is enough therapy for me. My daughter always eases my heart when I am struggling. I take a deep breath passing by the receptionist area and good thing no one is in sight. The receptionist seriously knows how to stop one and gossip. It’s like they got all the skills from training. No matter how late one is. 
“Bagqibile.” Njinnji greets and passes by like I don’t exist. But I stopped him. Regardless of how it turned out but her was my date after all. 
“Hi, did you drive safely that day?” I ask with a smile on my face. He is so attractive. He just makes these cute funny faces. 
“Yea sure.” He continues with his journey. That was so cold of him. I remember how I used to be this cold towards him and now that he is returning the favor it stings as hell. I take a deep breath. It's way too early to be ruining my day already. Rather not pay attention to things that will not benefit from. I am here to work and not to be depressed by potential. I find the stuff in the ward already in prayer session mode. I don’t understand why we pray to the Lord to keep us safe whereas the majority of the nurses have hearts as stones. Most do not care about these patients unless if it is a relative. I stand right at the back. I don’t feel like talking to anyone or even praying to God at this moment. He has failed me countless times and continues to. So, I do not see the need to pray honestly. Finally, they decide to finish rumbling in their tongues. I just cannot wait to get out of here and go do my rounds. I have a best friend of patients that I need to attend to. I am sure they have missed me as much as I have missed them. 
“Bagibile.” 
“Nurse Majola.” I grab the files. I am here to work, not chit chat.  She comes closer and I just know that it is gossip. “Did you know that Mandisa and Doc Njini and Mandisa came together this morning?” My throat goes dry instantly, but I contain myself. I don’t want to lie it hurts. Here I was at home thinking that maybe we still have a chance to work things out. I know what I did was out of context, but shouldn’t he be a little bit patient with me until I get to my senses. Or he is not a patient man. 
"Ow.” That is just my response. I have no reply to it really. Apart from being rejected again - I do not know how to react to it. 
“These past few days they have been spending a lot of time together.” she whispers. I feel like throwing these files right on her face. It’s like he is rubbing the wound to my face on purpose. Who the hell does she think she is? 
“I don’t care really what happens between two adults.” I retort. Lies! I am bitter about it!
“You should have agreed when he asked you out on a date.” She laughs a bit and walks away. So now we are going to be behaving like a bunch of high school kids who get to fight over some hot hunk. There are plenty of fish to catch out there. I am still yet to catch my fish. Cause it look s like all these men are just not for me.  
“Nxla!” loud enough for her to swing her head to give me that evil eyes look. She doesn’t scare me. I know they have recently joined hands with Mandisa and apparently, they are the hospital forum. Let me go check on my favorite patient first. Along the passage I bump into Njinji and Mandisa giggling like stupid adult people. That could have been me but y=the man did not give me a chance. Liquid forms in my eyes but I quickly wipe them away before they could be even seen. This life of mine hurts. 
“Ma - are you good today?” 
“I just want to go home.” 
“Good thing they are discharging you this morning.” I say and I see brightness in her eyes. She is fine really. So, there is no reason for us to keep her here. 
“MaMzimela is going home. Thabo should come and pick me up.” I assume Thabo is her son. I have never seen him, but he is always around – so I’ve heard. Never been introduced to him and MaMzimela hardly spoke. I leave her enjoying the moment of being free from us. Hospitals are not nice to be honest. I attend to other patients. 

SIMPHIWE SHANDU THE HUSBANDजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें