2

JIMIN POV

"Isn't the food ready, you useless Omega?" demanded Kai from the dining room.

Even though the awful Alpha was a good distance away, Park Jimin flinched.

He nearly dropped the ladle in the massive pot but he retrieved it before it fell to the floor.

"Almost ready." he called back.

He knew if he didn't answer Kai right away, the Alpha would get mad. Kai easily lost his temper at the smallest things.

That was one of the first lessons
Jimin learned when he first got here.

his parents sold their only son off to Kai, so they could continue fuelling their drug habit.

Bitterness uncoiled in the pit of his stomach.

Jimin stared at the bubbling stew and continued to stir, He didn't need the nasty reminder that his own kin betrayed him.

Families were supposed to stick together.

Growing up in the single wide trailer in the trailer park in Seoul, He immediately knew his family wasn't typical.

He'd seen the way other parents treated their kids.

They actually hugged them, did not treat them like trash the way His Alpha and Omega dads did.

Whatever.

They were dead to him.

He wished they'd feel guilt and remorse for what they've done but that was wistful thinking.

To them, Jimin had always been a burden.

"Where's dinner? I'm fucking starving." grumbled a new voice in the dining room.

A shiver crept down his spine.

Kai might be the official leader of the three Alphas living in this cabin but being around the big scarred Alpha Jiwoo made his skin crawl.

"Coming!" He yelled.

Where the hell was Lee?

Jiwoo's Omega mate was supposed to be helping him out in the kitchen today.

Then again, he hadn't seen either Jiwoo or Lee the entire day.

What were those two up to?

He realized he didn't care and didn't want to know, He put on his mittens and hefted the big pot from the stove with a grunt.

Kai seated himself at the head of the long log table, beer in one hand. A slender blond-haired Omega sat on his lap, giggling at whatever he was saying.

Another dark-haired Omega sat on Jio's lap, looking spaced out.

Probably a druggie, judging by his bloodshot eyes.

Had Kai and Jio picked these two up while Jimin was slaving away in the kitchen?

He set the pot on the pot holder, finally noticing Jiwoo and Lee.

The couple were making out in the living room.

Jimin let out a sigh of relief.

Jiwoo was easily distracted.

That was one of best things about him.

"Call Jiwoo over, We Alphas need to talk." Kai told him.

The Alpha's yellow-brown eyes bore down on him, Jimin could never hold Kai's gaze.

Those eyes were wrong.

A shifter's eyes only changed color whenever intense emotions rode them.

Kai's eyes had been frozen in that state, a sign the lead Alpha wasn't completely in control of his beast.