Chapter 16 - I'll Be There For You

Start from the beginning

"That sounds like a lot of fun."

"Yeah, I heard so. I mean when do you actually get to watch different kinds of airplanes and I am not talking about ours, to race through the air. If you want to, we can do that today."

"Dave, are you asking me out?"

"I mean we are doing a lot of things backwards. You have already met my mom. You have been at my workplace. You have slept in my bed. But I have never taken you out. So, yes, I am asking you out on a date."

"I would love to.", I tell him and walk behind him. I wrap my arms around him and kiss the spot right between his shoulder blades as there are level to me. He turns around and picks me up, so we are face to face. He wants to kiss me, but I stop him. Confused he draws his eyebrows together.

"Morning breath.", I tell him and turn my face away.

"I don't mind." I feel his hand underneath my chin, and he turns my head back to him.

"But I do." Sighing he kisses my forehead and then puts me down.

"Well then brush your teeth and get ready, because I really want to kiss you again." As he says this my heart flutters a bit and I need to take a deep breath to control my emotions. He turns away with the intention of giving me some privacy to get ready, but I stop him by grabbing his arm.

"One question though", I start, and he looks at me expectantly.
"Would you mind if I use your washer and dryer for my cloths. I never really liked the feeling of wearing my own clothing twice, especially when they smell like smoke." Amused he shakes his head.

"Sure. I need to wash my cloths and the shirts from tonight anyways, I can put yours in there as well. And I wouldn't mind driving with you back to base and get some of your things."

"Don't get ahead of yourself.", I tell him and poke him with a finger into his chiseled chest.

"I am not. I was just thinking that we need to talk about a lot of things, and it would be just easier this way. But if it makes you uncomfortable, I understand." He puts his hand on top of mine and now it lays flat on his pec. I can feel his heart beating underneath my touch.

"Now you are being stupid. This doesn't make me uncomfortable.", I say and remove my hand from underneath his to move it between us.
"I like it. But I really need to brush my teeth and take a shower."

"I am going to start breakfast. Just grab something out of my closet when you are done", he laughs, kisses my forehead again and puts a strand of my hair behind my ear. Then he leaves the bathroom so I can get ready.

I look into the mirror and see the bird's nest that my hair has become. I guess this means, that I need to wash them as well. Sighing I get ready as fast as I can. When I get out of his shower, I walk into his closet.

The first thing I see is his cutlass on a display. It's beautiful and is one of the things I kind of wish that the Air Force has, but I also know what it means to keep it looking that way. However, I am quickly reminded, why I can count myself lucky to only have to take care of four different styles of uniforms.

There are countless different looking uniforms in the colors of the Navy – blue and white – handing next to the display as well as neatly folded combat uniforms underneath it. He was really precise in putting them on top of each other- mine are mostly all over the place. Keeping all of them in order must be a pain in the ass.

I turn to my right and see his civilian clothing neatly folded as well. How much time does he spend on folding? I would go insane. Quickly I grad a black shirt and some jogging pants and put them on, before walking into the kitchen.

Fly Away - a fighter pilot storyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara