"sounds like a lovely kid." sebastian raised his eyebrows, sarcasm dripping from his words causing valerie to snicker.

"definitely." she responded sarcastically.

"my favourite though— fiona. she's great, basically the mother to all of them, but she's just their older sister. she's basically a goddess." valerie continued.

"a goddess?" sebastian echoed, laughing under his breath.

"yup, she's the best." valerie confirmed with a nod.

"and the fucking worst: frank. drunk, barely at home, neglects the kids. thats why fiona's like the mother, because she actually takes care of the kids. frank spends at least a thousand dollars at the alibi and passes out on the floor when he gets home." valerie rolled her eyes at the thought of frank. sebastian scoffed.

"that must fucking suck." valerie nodded at the response.

"this is their house." she pointed at the house they walked towards.

"lovely." seb nodded, observing the appearance of the house. it wasn't a bad house, it was alright for the southside. sebastian reckons it's absolute chaos on the inside with seven people staying there.

valerie opened the door and walked in first, sebastian secretly wondered why she didn't bother to knock — his guess is because she's close with the family.

he shook it off and followed anyways. there was no one currently on the first floor. sebastian gazed around the house, the door opening behind them and two more people came walking in. sebastian recognized one of them from val's description: lip. the other, he had no clue, which he would come to regret in a matter of seconds.

"sebastian?" the blonde had a confused look on her face, her head tilting to the side slightly with widened eyes.

"hi?" he mimicked the girl's expression and tone, his head tilting slightly.

"i haven't heard from you in ages." she thought aloud.

sebastian furrowed his brows and glanced over to valerie with a look that read 'save me'. this was just one of many countless times someone has come up to the dirty blonde and casually talks to him while he has no clue who they are.

sebastian shut his eyes tightly, trying to recall who the blonde is. "i'm sorry, my memory isn't good. who are you?" sebastian asked with a small wince, dipping his head into his hands. valerie looked between the two.

"karen jackson." valerie said, hoping to remind him.

"right. wow. okay i forgot, sorry." sebastian chuckled dryly. he was sincere, he genuinely didn't remember. the two had slept together in the past and sebastian completely forgot.

good job on not paying attention to anything, dick

thats why people called sebastian an asshole. which he understood to a certain level, but its not his fault. he barely remembers anything if he isn't reminded of it every once in awhile.

karen shook her head before looking away from sebastian a frown on her lips. valerie shot him a look, who raised his hands in defence.

someone came walking down the stairs, turning to see two unfamiliar faces in the living room. "who are you two?" sebastian guessed she was fiona. the goddess — according to valerie.

"sebastian"

"karen."

the two said at the same time, passing each other a small glance, before looking at fiona again.

"oh, im fiona, nice to meet you both." she gave both of them a smile, before sitting on the couch, seb returning the smile.

eventually two people burst from the kitchen, one holding paper plates and the other a couple of wrapped burgers. "burgers, coming through." ian gallagher — he guessed ( he knew ) — walked in, turning sebastian's head.