"I always wanted you."

2 a.m.

"Uh, can I bite your tongue like my bad habit. Would you mind if I tried to make a pass at it? Were you not too good for me, my dear? Funny you come back to me, my dear. It's okay, things happen for, reasons that I can't ignore, yeah." I sang with my headphones on and clicked the stop button.

I sighed and smiled a little bit. I looked at my phone and scrolled through all the texts I've sent to Mick, which he just read and didn't reply.

Micki <3

Mick, is everything okay?
Did I do something?
Can you reply please?
Micki
We need to talk, please

✅✅✅

I sighed and leaned back on the black leather chair. I opened my photos and started scrolling through my gallery, bad idea.

Mick smiling

Mick with Pancho

Mick in the park

Mick and I

Mick, Mick, Mick, he was everywhere. I couldn't get him out of my mind. God, I was writing a song about him.

The door of the studio opened making me jump startled.

"It's me, sorry." Coco apologized as she walked in. "I brought you some coffee. It's dark, no milk." She told me and I chuckled softly.

"Thanks, Coco." I thanked her and she put it on the desk.

"How's it going?" She pointed at the laptop and I sighed.

"Pretty great, I think. I don't know if the world's gonna like it, though." I pursed my lips and fidgeted with my ring.

"Brina." Coco put her hand over mine so I'd stop fidgeting. "You're literally the best songwriter of our generation. You're a genius, BrinBrin. And everyone loves you, so do I." She rubbed my hand and I smiled.

"I love you too, Coco." I held her hand.

"You should get some sleep." She put a strand of hair behind my ear and I nodded.

"I'm almost done." I replied and she chuckled softly.

"I'll make you some company." She put her hand on my shoulder.

"I'd like that."

[...]

5 a.m.

Coco and I had been talking for a while about my song and about life. Like half an hour ago I turned around to record something and when I turned back to her she had fallen asleep.

I had covered her with a blanket and chuckled at her efforts of staying awake to watch me finish the song.

I had my headphones on. I was finally listening to the result, my demo.

You can't surprise a Gemini
But you know it's biscuits, is gravy, babe
I knew you'd come back around
'Cause you know it's biscuits, it's gravy, babe
Let's fuck in the back of the mall, lose control
Go stupid, go crazy, babe
I know I'll be in your heart 'til the end
You'll miss me, don't beg me, babe