Freeing Merlin // Camelot

Start from the beginning

"Henry likes a girl here?" Emma asked. "He didn't tell me that." 

"Have you and Henry been able to chat since being here?" Regina asked. Emma shook her head. "Then don't take it too personally. It's hard being a teenager."

"It's almost harder than being the Dark One," Kyla said, winking at Emma. She found humor in that, smiling and looking away. 

"Well, let's do this," Emma said, walking toward a cabinet and pulling out another dreamcatcher. 

"Do you just have stacks of them?" Kyla asked. 

Emma sighed. "I've been making them," she said. "I don't sleep anymore and it's all I can do to keep my mind off of the dark thoughts." 

Kyla nodded. "I'm sorry." 

"Don't be," Emma said with a smile. "Thank you for all you've done to help. Both of you. Now, let's free Merlin and get the darkness out of me." 

Emma used the dreamcatcher on Regina, showing her Daniel's death. It was an intense moment for them. Kyla had never felt such distress coming from her friend and was thankful to have never lost someone so close to her. She couldn't imagine feeling that kind of pain. 

Unfortunately, Regina's tear didn't work as she had moved on with Robin Hood and found a new love. It was clear, they needed a fresh tear, one of a recent lost love. 

Fortunately, Henry was the answer. The girl he was falling for, Violet, didn't have the same feelings for him that he did her. His heart was broken, but it mended a little when they realized that he would be the one to free Merlin. 

Regina wiped the tears from her son's eyes, but before they could act, Arthur screamed at them from a way's away.

"Stop!" He shouted. He and his knights walked toward Emma, Regina, Kyla and Henry. "Stay away from the tree," he commanded. "You and your people have done nothing but lie to me ever since you got here." Then his eyes drifted to Kyla. "You're no Savior, you're a fraud." 

"Really?" Kyla scoffed, taking a step forward. "Call me a fraud again, I dare you." 

She felt her hands begin to heat up, electricity forming. The magic felt good at her fingertips. 

"We welcomed you," he continued, "celebrated you and in return you bring the Dark One into the heart of my kingdom, endangering all who live here."

After a moment of silence, he held out his hand, his voice growing angrier. 

"Give me the dagger!" He shouted. 

"You want it?" Regina said, taking her spot next to Kyla. Kyla nodded, allowing her hand to become fully electrified. Regina conjured her fireball as she smiled at Arthur. "Come and get it." Slyly, she handed the napkin with Henry's tear to Emma. "Now, Emma."

Emma ran to the bowls of potions they had lying out with Kyla and Regina standing guard. Arthur didn't dare to even draw his sword. As the darkness and the light clouded around Emma, Arthur knew his reign was coming to an end. Finally, he lifted his sword from his sheath and commanded his knights to charge. 

Regina threw a fireball in between them and Kyla blasted a few back without harming them too much. 

Emma guided the magic to the tree, allowing it to be engulfed by the surrounding magic. The tree disintegrated and left behind a figure crouched over. He stood, lifting his hood from his head and revealing his face. He looked to Emma, a smile coming to his face. 

"I've been waiting for you, Emma," he said. 

Regina and Kyla looked at each other. Emma was just as confused.