Chapter 4- The Reel Slim Shady..?

Chapter 4

The Reel Slim Shady..?

Teagan

*

Oh..Life is so, so sweet. Luke's face was fucking priceless! But what confused me, was that for a second his face showed..affection? I was probably imagining it, but I could have sworn..

Everyone was laughing up a storm about how funny he looked and I also heard that Carrie was pissed about the comment I wrote on his face about her. I mean it's true but not everyone knew that. The teachers have been even laughing about it. They knew it was me but since most teachers know of or little rivalry and our pranks, they don't care. Also most people know better than to get involved with Luke and I's squabbles. 

"Tee? You ok?" My best friend in the whole universe, River, asked me as we were walking throughout the school field to lunch. I smiled at him and pushed any thoughts about Lucas away. He smiled back and then turned back to face ahead. But me? I looked at him. Like really, really looked at him. He sure has changed over the summer. His voice was deeper than before and his face is not boy-ish cuteness anymore. It's more refined, like a man and he is even growing some facial hair. His dark brown hair was shining in the sunlight and so were his natural grey eyes. I also noticed he got a tan and grew some muscles. He also got way taller, he was like 6'2 now, thanks to the werewolf genes. Did I mention he's a werewolf? Well he is. I smiled at how I sound like I liked him. I shook my head, laughing at my own stupidity. No way, never gonna happen.

River looked at me like I was crazy, "What's so funny Tee?" I just put my hand up as to say, don't ask. He still looked a little creeped out but I just ignored him. I have known River for about a year and a half, after I was shunned out by my prior friends. I don't mind anymore about the slut or whore comments because people are always gonna have an opinion on her and they aren't exactly wrong either. River is actually one guy that I haven't slept with, not counting Luke because he's..yeah I just don't go into that. I respect him for not wanting to sleep with me and he is the only one I trust it feels like. I don't even trust my brothers as much as I used to because they took Carrie's side after she told everyone I slept with her 'first love', I scoff at how gullible everyone is. I mean, she cheats on Lucas everyday and she probably did it a lot this summer in whatever country her mommy and daddy sent her to.

I'm surprised Lucas hasn't already realized it but I guess she's a pretty good at convincing people she is holier than thou. That said, I just don't get how he hasn't noticed what she is wearing today and how she flirts with other guys right in front of him. She puts it right out there for him to see but I guess love is blind. He deserves better..someone like me, I'd treat him right...Wait! What the hell? The lack of food must be getting to my head because that's just crazy talk. I hate him.

Or do you? A voice inside my head echoed. What the hell?

We entered the lunch room to find it has gone completely silent. Silent as in, I could drop a pin and hear it.Everyone seemed like they were waiting for something to happen. River and I exchanged suspicious glances because we know what was going to happen next. And as we suspected, it did.

"You stupid slut!" I heard my ex-best friend scream across the cafeteria. I could feel every ones eyes on my face. I just shrugged. Like I care what she thinks, I have been called much worse.

"Yeah? What do you need? Lessons? Your extracurricular activities becoming too disappointing, Carrie?" I smirked as her face turned into complete horror then back to a red, angry expression. One point for me.

"What are you talking about? Did you get chlamydia yet, you little whore?" Her remark didn't faze me one bit. As I have said before, I'm used to it. River was shaking with anger and annoyance. I could see his fists clenching. He was going to walk over to tell her off when I put a hand on his shoulder to calm him down. He looked at me with his grey eyes, as if pleading for me to just let him kill her. I shook my head at him and motioned for him to bend down so I could whisper in his ear. He did as I asked.

"Don't bother. Then Luke would defend her, you would get in trouble and I would have no one to mess around with in class." And winked at him for fun. He chuckled at me and nodded his head.

I turned back to her to find her smirking at River's anger issue. I rolled my eyes and death glared at her. She flinched a bit. I grinned triumphantly. "That's what I thought." I told her. She looked peeved at the fact that I won our little exchange. The only thing that annoyed me was that this wasted five minutes of my lunch time that I could have been pranking some random freshman kid with River. Also, another thing that pissed me off was that most of the cafeteria was glaring at me. Ah the joys of high school. Mob mentality is rough. Since Carrie was 'queen bee', people just automatically followed suit of what she does. So by me insulting her in public, and her hating me even more, it made the school hate me too.

"Come on River. Let's go. It's obvious that 'Queen bitch' wants time to brainwash her 'royal subjects'." I wasn't hungry anymore, I just wanted to leave. He nodded in agreement and started walking out. I looked around the lunch room and my eyes landed on a pair of pale, blue eyes. They looked sympathetic and pity. But something else in his eyes caught me off guard.

Admiration. Not hate, not anger, not even annoyance.

Just admiration and awe. What? That can't be right...Or can it?

*

Copyright 2011©Lovesoreel

Twist? Not really. But the Luke's revenge is gonna happen soon. You will see...Muhaha. So my history teacher hates me because I don't agree with his political views and he keeps giving me dirty looks and 'losing' my work. So I'm kind of pissed. He's an ass. But only a few more weeks of school left then I'm free of that mother fu--So anyway! Then an old man at the mall winked at me..I was creeped out...But who can blame me? :)

VOTE(:

COMMENT(:

FAN(:

Thanks!