Chapter Twenty-Seven

The only reason you'd slept soundly through the night before was because you'd been so sleep deprived, you'd lost the energy to fret over Trevor's infidelity. You'd woken up a few times during the night to care for Brad, but other than that you'd been unconscious.

Once you'd awoken to face the next day, you caught yourself thinking how much you'd prefer to be asleep. With consciousness came a steady stream of thoughts, and your stream consisted mostly of Trevor's actions from the day before.

You hadn't plucked up the courage to confront Trevor regarding cheating on you with Michael yet, partially because you were scared to, but also because you didn't know how. Trevor had decided to have a lazy day with you, which you'd found to be incredibly awkward, but he didn't seem to notice.

Trevor had been spending the majority of the day in bed with you watching a new series called Ego Rot, a show about American celebrities being placed into countries where nobody knew who they were. Trevor seemed to thoroughly enjoy the concept and reveled in watching pop stars and A-listers get humbled. The entire time he laid beside you, he'd stayed close and kept some form of physical contact with you, mostly an arm over your shoulder or his fingers intertwining with yours. You hadn't initiated any contact, but you didn't say no when he touched you, not wanting to cause an issue and have the conversation of you knowing what he'd done the night before be brought up.

While he was engrossed in the show, you were busy debating with yourself when, or even if, the topic of Trevor cheating on you with Michael should be brought up. On one hand, it had damn near destroyed you inside. You wanted answers as to why he did it, an apology, and reassurance it would never happen again if he was to be in a relationship with you. On the other hand, he was incredibly fragile emotionally as he recovered from overdosing two weeks before and was on the road to sobriety. You feared your anger would get the best of you and he'd feel like there was no other option but to relapse.

"Woo-hoo, episode five already!" Trevor exclaimed, rubbing his hand up and down your arm as he rested his head on your shoulder. As he gently squeezed your shoulder, you came to an epiphany. Maybe if we have sex then I confront him about it immediately after, he'll feel like he's in a safer position to talk. Pillow talk had always been something Trevor enjoyed, especially when it came to deep or serious topics. Granted, this topic was a bit more serious than the other ones you'd had before, but in your head, this scenario was the best option.

You reached a hand up your arm and put it over his, rubbing it with your thumb before picking it up and giving it a kiss. You could feel Trevor's facial expression shift on your other shoulder. "What's up?" he asked, lifting his head so his eyes could meet yours.

"Nothing," you replied innocently. You glanced at Brad, who was sleeping in the crook of Trevor's arm. "Give him to me, I'm gonna put him in the other room."

Trevor frowned. "Why? We're having bro time, here. You're havin' fun, Brad, ain'cha?"

"Do you remember yesterday?" Shit. You'd said it in reference to your conversation about Brad being out of the way during intimate time, but it came out too vaguely.

For a fraction of a second, Trevor's eyes looked like they were about to bulge out of their sockets as he replayed the events of the day before. Finally, he slowly answered, "Enlighten me, I forgot."

"Brad goes in the other room when you and I-" you began.

Trevor finished the statement. "Oooh, bouncy-bouncy. I remember now."

"I-yeah." You weren't sure where Trevor had picked up the vocabulary he had, but it beat the alternative when discussing fucking in front of a baby. "So, do you want to hand him over?"