Chapter Four

Upon the counter of Trevor's trailer, strewn amongst various junk mail, bills, and receipts, was a formal invitation.

"DIRECTOR MICHAEL DE SANTA AND LEAD ACTRESS TRACEY DE SANTA," it stated, "CORDIALLY INVITE TREVOR PHILIPS AND ONE GUEST OF HIS CHOICE TO ATTEND THE PREMIERE OF FLYING IN THE OCEAN ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 14 OF 2015 AT 10 IN THE EVENING."

Trevor was absolutely fuming. You'd forced him to wear a suit- a suit from Binco, though a suit nonetheless- and he was not enjoying it. "I fucking hate this shit, this is so goddamn stupid... urgh, fuck you, [Y/N]! Fuck you, Michael! Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck you, all of you!" As you were applying makeup in the bathroom, you jumped slightly at the sound of a chair crashing into what was either the wall or the countertop. 

As Trevor continued to rage over wearing such a heinous outfit, you finished getting ready, gave yourself a final once-over, then stepped out of the bathroom. 

Trevor stopped what he was doing to stare at you for a moment; the long red dress, elegant necklace he'd acquired for you in mysterious ways awhile back, and put-together face had his full attention. He blinked after a little bit and continued his fit. 

"Trevor, knock it off!" You yanked his arm away from the TV. You were not going to purchase the services of yet another repairman. "You only have to wear it for, what, four hours, tops?"

"Well, I don't want to!" His teeth were bared in rage; he'd worked himself up so much, he was panting. 

"Well, you're gonna have to wear that or go naked." You held his gaze with what you hoped was an equally intense stare. 

A shadow of a smirk flickered across Trevor's face. "Don't tempt me." He put a finger up, then paused his movement; he then ran into the bedroom and slammed the folding door shut. 

"Oh, my God," you muttered. He wasn't taking your sarcastic remark seriously, was he? As the seconds ticked by, you grew more and more anxious. Sure, he'd get arrested and labelled as a sex offender if he wasn't already, but everybody would see him naked. He was yours and only yours to see like that! 

Finally, you barged into the room, ready to give him a good tongue lashing, only to find him awkwardly hunched over trying to pull a zipper up. You breathed a sigh of relief; he wasn't going to go naked, just wearing a bright pink dress with polka dots. With any other person, this would be insane, you thought as you stared at him. 

"Well?" Trevor asked. "Stop gawkin' and start pullin'!" Pulled out of your thoughts, you scurried over to Trevor and gave the zipper a few good yanks before it popped off the dress.

"Um, it broke," you said. He turned around and plucked the zipper out of your hands, examining it delicately, before shrugging and dropping it on the ground. 

"You are the only person on earth I'd put up with this for, I swear to God," you muttered with a giggle. "You're really going like this?"

The frown on Trevor's face grew. "What, is there an issue, officer? Is my outfit too queer for you to be seen in public with or something? And here I thought you were progressive."

"No, no," you stuttered, "i-it's just the terribly-fitting dress on a man who's wearing combat boots and a beanie combination."

"I'm sorry, RuPaul," Trevor sneered, "find me some accessories that would work, then!"

You grunted in frustration and glanced at the clock on the wall. "It's 8:30, darlin'. We gotta go."

"Huhhhhhnuhhhh," Trevor whined while throwing his head back dramatically. "Fine. I'll drive."