Chapter Nine

It had been ten days since you were told by the doctor that you were pregnant. You hoped it was just a mistake on the hospital's part desperately, a baby was the last thing you wanted on your plate right now. Your period hadn't come yet, which didn't help your case, but the piece of evidence that erased any doubt or denial was when you'd gone into the 24/7, bought a pregnancy test, and took it in the store bathroom for it to turn out positive. 

You'd been on tiptoes around Trevor, much to his annoyance. You were untalkative and aloof; the part that bothered Trevor the most, though, was the lack of sex since you'd found out. It wasn't an issue with him, it was that you were constantly so on edge you had no desire for intimacy whatsoever. 

Trevor had been sick of Wade not being around to haul things even though you were standing in for both Wade and yourself, so he took Wade off shadowing Chef prematurely. To your disgruntlement, it only took eight days for Trevor to force Wade back into his job. You stuck around Wade as much as possible to monitor his conversational topics with Trevor, but you found that the bathroom had been calling your name a lot recently.

You had gotten home early; you were beginning to make dinner when Trevor entered the trailer in a furious storm. 

"Did you know?!" Trevor shouted at you before kicking a wall.

You froze. Does he know? "Know what?" you timidly inquired.

"Fuck! About Gabi!" Shit. He does know.

"What about her?" You hoped your acting was sufficient when your eyebrows creased in concern.

Trevor guffawed. "She got knocked up with Jimmy's kid!" 

The concern on your face turned to shock. "How do you know?"

"That's the best part." Trevor stuck a finger up and began wagging it while dryly laughing. "Fucking Wade told me. Wade! My best friend's gonna be a grandpa and he doesn't even have the common decency to tell me! I have to find out from a guy who's got the IQ of a fucking prickly cactus!" Trevor began to shout more incoherent words before whipping out his phone and speeding through his contacts. "I'll show that fat snake..."

"Maybe you should let him tell you in his own time," you cautiously suggested. 

"He'd never tell me, no fucking way," Trevor sneered as he pressed CALL and put the phone on speaker. 

It rang a few times before Michael picked up. "Hey, T, what's up?"

"Nothin' much, homie." Trevor's voice was uncharacteristically smooth. "Anything big going on with you or your family right now?"

"Uh, no. Why, you wantin' to do something later?" Michael sounded slightly puzzled but happy his friend was calling him.

"Nah. Nah, just checking up on ya. By the way, congrats, grandpa!" The last two words were bellowed into the phone.

"What? Grandpa?" Michael was now definitely perplexed. "I'm insulted, Trev. I know I'm old, but I'm not that-"

"Cut it with the bullshit! I know everything." 

"The fuck are you talking about?" A shuffling noise came from over the phone.

Trevor laughed. "I'm not stupid, Mikey. I know Jimmy knocked Gabi up."

"What?" Michael was now both confused and enraged. "That's not fucking funny, man!"

"Do I sound like I'm joking?" Trevor screamed over the phone. 

A clattering noise came from Michael's end and you heard distant shouts coming from Michael, then from Jimmy. You decided to take the phone from Trevor and hang up to preserve whatever dignity Jimmy had.