Chapter Fourteen

TANGERINE ☺

The singular word had been written in dry erase marker on the fridge, most definitely Trevor's doing. After grabbing what you needed from the fridge, you picked up a marker and drew a little tangerine beneath the words. You'd been pregnant for three and a half months now. Despite it being late December, San Andreas had only dropped around ten degrees fahrenheit from the temperatures it usually experienced. It was so nice out, in fact, you'd been able to go for nice, long walks the past week with no heat issues.

It was only a couple days until Christmas, and you'd gotten everybody in your life a little something. The gifts you were proudest of were Wade's, which was a custom-made statue of his DnD character, and Franklin's, which was a painting you'd commissioned of Chop. Of course, all the presents given would be from both Trevor and yourself save the gifts you'd be exchanging between each other.

For Trevor's gift, you were buying him a tattoo, reservation, art, and all completed already. Specifically, you'd gotten an audio waveform of Raspbaby's heartbeat. Ever since the email containing the file had come in, he played it every night as he went to sleep. You were also buying a frame to put the ultrasound photo in since Sadie kept leaping up and knocking it off of the fridge. The final gift was a pair of underwear with a piece of mistletoe printed above the fly. As for any presents he had gotten you, you had no clue what they were. He'd been keeping his lips tight about them, an achievement that was incredibly rare for him.

You checked the time; it was 6:00, around the time Trevor usually got home. You pulled out your phone and gave him a call. "Hey," you said once he picked up. "What's up?"

"There were... complications that arose with the product. An entire batch turned out wrong, so Chef and I are trying to figure out what it was. What's up with you?"

"Nothing, just missing you," you pouted over the phone. "It's Christmas Eve Eve, you know."

"I'm well aware. Unfortunately, methheads don't recognize work holidays when it comes to manufacturers or dealers. Chef?" A loud noise came over the phone, one you could only assume was Trevor covering the microphone with his hand, and there was some incoherent shouting. "I'm on my way home." He hung up before you could say anything, and you let out a sigh.

It had been lonely around lately. Trevor had been putting his all into the business lately, meaning all his staff (excluding you, of course) were full-time. Gabi had apparently moved to Los Santos and was residing in the De Santa house with her new 'boyfriend', but she was still working for Trevor by managing the smaller dealers in the big city. I wonder how long it'll be until Michael gets sick of her and kicks her out, you thought with amusement.

You sat on the couch beside your cat and watched some TV half-heartedly, more distracted in your thoughts than anything as you absentmindedly stroked Sadie. While one hand was on her, another hand rested on your abdomen. You'd grown to the point where saying you were 'just bloated' was no longer an excuse to questioning eyes. You weren't massive yet, by any means, though. Your breasts had been growing, too, at a much quicker rate than your stomach had been, and you'd ditched the bras in favor of layering via tanktops.

"Daddy's home and he brought you candy!" Trevor opened the door and tossed a chocolate Christmas tree at you; fumbling, you caught it and quickly opened it, savoring the sweet taste.

"How was... it?" Even though Raspbaby was nowhere near arriving yet, you refused to mention the nature of what Trevor did.

"Fine," Trevor said with a shrug, "just busy."

You patted the cushion beside you. "Sit. I wanna talk."

Anxiety flickered in Trevor's amber eyes. "About what?"