Family Time

It was late morning, and just like i'd assured Chris, Heiress was her usual ray of sunshine self today

It was late morning, and just like i'd assured Chris, Heiress was her usual ray of sunshine self today. He'd text me that he landed almost an hour ago and I was so confused by his urgency. He knew if I didn't make a deal out of it then things were fine, but I also knew that Chris' heart was so big he'd want to run to his kids rescue.

"Hey Kam, I just got to my house, my pipes burst while I was away so I gotta handle some things here then go check into a hotel. I'll be by in like 2 hours." Chris explained into the phone.

"Oh shoot, well I guess its good you came back then... Um okay, we're here just text me when you're on your way." I told him back and he same a few more words before we disconnected.

The kids and I got ready and I decided today would be a good pool day. My babies were so entertaining and being able to enjoy moments like this meant the world to me. Nova was learning to swim and Heiress and Zion were both great swimmers already.

"Heiress look!" Zion shouted jumping into the water and Nova's mouth widened at his trick before she ran around the pool over to him.

"Heiress baby please don't run I don't want you to fall!" I shouted over to them, but she was too busy trying to copy her brother that I had to laugh at myself. Nova tapped on the water creating waves as I stood her up in the water and I blew kisses on her face.

"Kids, your daddy here!" I shouted over as I watched Chris walk up in the house. He eagerly walked, almost ran out to the back yard and I watched as Zion and Heiress completely disregarded my instructions and ran over to him.

"Ahhhhh" Chris shouted as they both squealed in joy and lifted them both up into his arms kissing their faces as they giggled.

"Daddy you came!" Heiress shouted showing off all her milk teeth and Chris smiled down at her and kissed her forehead again.

"Of course baby, i promised, I can't break a promise." He explained and she threw her arms around his neck pushing her head into it.

"Hey, whats up." He said shortly down to me and I smiled, trying to be as cordial as possible.

I was happy his ass was here, these kids were wearing me the hell out, he always helped relieve my stress when he was here. Ms Rosa was amazing, but there would never be anything like having Chris here to co-parent, he was our kids hero.

"I'm good thanks. Did you get things straight at your crib?" I asked, by now he had stripped down into some trunks and had joined Nova and I by the pool.

"Yeah, it'll take a day or two to fix but its all good." He responded as Nova floated in his arms.

I sat on the side of the pool with my sunglasses on in complete silence only ever contributing a laugh when the kids said or did something funny. An hour had to have gone by before I realized it was almost 4pm.

"Heiress, Zion you hungry?" I called over to them and both took a moment away from their dad to let me know that they were in fact hungry.

"You'll be alright with them while I go throw something together?" I asked, it was legit the 3rd thing I'd said to him since he got here and he nodded up at me as I lift myself off the edge of the pool.