Grass Ain't Greener (Long Chapter)

"So Chris

"So Chris. Tell me, what do you think is the biggest hindrance in yours and Kamaiyah's relationship now?" Dr Simone asked, in her usual calm yet provoking tone and at this point Chris and I had become so comfortable around her he was laid down across her couch while I sat on the seat to the side of them.

"Honestly doc. It's a lack of trust... I can see how we got here because we've always been so toxic. But throughout everything we've been through, i've always trusted her. She never gives me that same benefit of the doubt." He finished, and even though I wanted to speak up, I realized I had to give Dr Simone the opportunity to do her job, and give Chris the space to be honest, even though he was wrong.

"Is that true Kamaiyah?" She asked after leaving room for Chris' words to settle.

"I agree that trust is an issue and is affecting us a lot. But I have to call BS on him extending that grace to me." I said and Chris twisted up his mouth, looking over at me and I rolled my eyes.

"What?! Don't look at me like that. You accused me of having a whole relationship behind your back and insinuated that I lied about sleeping with someone who I hadn't. So if we're going to talk about trust then let's be all the way for real."

"That was different, I had literal pictures of you with another nig- man. I had the right to ask!" He shouted back, sitting up and I went to speak before Dr Simone raised her hand to stop both of us.

"I know we're touching on sensitive topics, but please give one another the opportunity to say your points without raising your voice. We all have a common goal here, you're not enemies." She spoke and both of us huffed, but didn't speak again.

"Right so lets delve into trust and how its shown up throughout the course of your entire relationship. Kamaiyah, was trust always an issue, or did the lack of it grow overtime?" She asked me and I sighed.

"I mean, clearly trust was the strongest component of our friendship to begin with. But, I guess as we got older and real feelings were introduced and we started acting on those feelings...things became a little less secure. I can't speak for Chris, but I never felt fully secure after that point." I responded honestly and she nodded.

"So once you consummated your relationship is when trust started becoming an issue?" She asked to be sure and I had to chuckle, she always using these big ass words, I know Chris don't know what they mean.

"Yeah, I guess so." I admitted and I knew this was going to be yet another, long, deep dive.

"And Chris, was it similar for you? In your experience, did sex change the foundation of trust you felt like you both had at that time?" She asked looking up at him again and he shook his head.

"Not really. If anything, it made me trust her more. Trust would've never been a problem for me if she didn't do the weird as- weird things she was doing." He finished and I shook my head slightly. Just like a nigga to try blame you for acting crazy, when they make you crazy.