Hit The Fan

When I left Chris' apartment I went right back to my house

When I left Chris' apartment I went right back to my house. I was packing mine and my kids shit up and getting as far as possible.

I wasn't going to tell Chris. He was far too cocky to take this shit seriously, but I just knew I couldn't be so laid back about it, maybe he thought there was nothing to worry about, but I knew it was never that simple. I'd tell him where we were eventually, but I couldn't stay here knowing what I knew, I had kids to protect.

If Reggie, or Trell or whatever the fuck his name was really was a cop and was a friend of Blaze then he was definitely crooked and out for blood. I couldn't stay around to find out. I can't believe I let this man get so close, he was in my house, around me and my friends, my kids. I am so fucking glad I never had sex with him.

I shouldn't have taken Jenn's words and ran with them, but she would not tell me no shit like that if she didn't have to. I knew something was off when I saw that damn tattoo, but I didn't press it. I should have.

"Ms Rosa, the kids and I are going away for a few days. Will you be okay here alone? Feel free to go back home if not, i'll still pay you the same." I told Ms Rosa as her face turned up watching me throw Nova's baby food into her mini luggage half frantically.

"You never mentioned a trip before Miha? The kids have pre-school?" She questioned innocently and I sighed.

"It was a last minute trip, Chris and I just planned." I lied pulling more items out the cupboards in my kitchen and she nodded.

"So you're all going together?" She quizzed again and I nodded.

"Yes. Could you please help me pack up some clothes for Zion and Heiress?" I asked and she nodded quickly taking off her apron.

"Of course, i'll do that now." She responded clearly confused and I thanked her before she left to tend to my request.

I finished getting everything I felt we needed for at least a week packed up before I went to my back garage to start loading up the car. I was almost done before I heard footsteps behind me.

"Reggie. Hey...how did you get back here?" I asked trying to remain as calm as possible, but I knew he saw the fear in my eyes.

"You off somewhere?" He asked and for the first time in the almost 10 months i'd known him, he was his true self. He chuckled at my silence for a moment then stepped towards me.

"It's over Kamaiyah." He said shortly and I shook my head.

"What are you tal-" I started and he lifted his hand to cut me off.

"Don't act like you don't know Kam. Your ex husband told me everything..." He said shortly making me turn my face up.

"Reg listen. Whatever you think you know, I can explain." I told him, pleading with my eyes and he shook his head.

"...So your baby daddy ain't get my brother killed?" He asked bluntly and for a second I stared at him in a panic, I furrowed my brows and he stepped forward closer to me.