After a while our anecdotes turned to stories of Johnny's adventure in his new high school. He proudly boasted that he was the only metro-sexual guy on the football team and he had a string of girls waiting to date him even though he was completely uninterested. The only girl he had ever like he had to leave behind when he went to the orphanage but he said they stayed in contact and he was hoping they could make it work. I think we all felt sad for him. He lost his parents for the first time (this was the second for the rest of us) and they were his real parents, and he had to leave behind his first love. He was all alone for the first time in his life and even though he always seemed happy, I had a feeling his was the loneliest of us all. If I could I would have him stay here but humans can't live here.

Heather never mentioned when they were leaving, just that they would leave together. None of them had school anymore but Heather and Keagan had to work, and Johnny had to start moving into Heather's. I assumed it would be soon and when they went to their rooms for the night I found myself crying into my hands as I sat on the floor against my bed. They would be gone so soon and I didn't know when I'd get another chance to see them. I almost regretted holing myself up while they were here but I didn't have much of a choice. Stupid timing.

Gypsy finally returned with that ice when I had finished my little tear fest and I left it on my nightstand while I went to shower and clean my eyes.

"You again?" I asked when I smelled Caleb and heard a shower running.

"It's a free country, I can shower here if I want to."

I walked over to the sink and started cleaning my prosthetics. "And why would you want to when you have such a nice bathroom already in your room?"

"Where's the fun in that? There's no sense of community," he gushed as if he really believed it. "Besides, what better way is there to get know your pack than spending time in the showers?"

I'm pretty sure it was rhetorical but I couldn't leave that one alone, "Oh, I don't know . . . talking maybe? Or does seeing naked men do something for you?" I asked with a wiggle to my eyebrows after popping my eyes back in.

"I'd much rather see you naked," he said smoothly and I rolled my eyes. There's the Caleb I knew and hated.

I walked to a shower stall far from his and stripped for my shower. "Too bad you don't have x-ray vision 'cause that's the only way you'll see me naked."

"I don't know, I've come pretty close so far more than once," he reminded much to my chagrin. My face flushed hotly and I scrubbed myself vigorously in my frustration.  The shower was on cold and I was still overheating. No part of it due to the proximity of our naked bodies. None. At. All. Understand?

"Well that's as close as you'll get" I snapped, less than sure of my conviction considering all the hormones racing through my system. I heard him exit his shower stall and I quickly rinsed off and covered myself with a towel. I didn't know what his intentions were but he was getting closer. I made the fastest speed change of my life and was fully dress in less than two seconds. That had to be a record.

I started tying up my hair and heard his voice from behind me, "Damn, already dressed."

"Are you looking?!" I shrieked.

"Is there any reason I would say yes to that?" he asked calmly.

I made a strange low growl in my throat that turned to a shriek and I whirled around into the door forcing it open into Caleb with as much power as possible.

I heard him stumble backwards and groan. I grabbed my things and left the room. He was being no gentleman.

Gypsy was in her room and I angrily picked up my glass and chewed on some ice.