Reuniting (again)

Here you are, yet again falling from the sky.

Your landing wasn't graceful, and didn't help your wounds any, but it was better than before, because you landed on something soft.

Gaining your focus, you see Razor, face to face with you. The whites in his eyes somewhat pink and red, which his mouth agape. And before you know it, you are tackled.

"Y/n! Y/n is back! Y/n is back!"

Beneath you, the ground seemed to move. As you were tackled, you came to realize you landed on poor Bennett, but he didn't seem to mind now that you're back.

"Y/n!" He jumped up with hardly a scratch. "You're ok!"

You know this was a time to be excited, but for some reason you could find no thrill or joy in meeting them again. If anything, it was just a bore.

"What have you been doing." You ask, with a much blander tone than intended.

"We had to leave since it wasn't safe, but we were supposed to go back to a port or somewhere until we got lost. Man, my bad lucks ruining everything today."

You look around and see a few people, which you can assume aren't your allies due to the chest nearby and a sunken ship or two.

"Bennett, you're on a whole different island."

"How'd you know?"

"Let's go." You begin to walk until Razor steps in your way.

"Y/n, something is wrong."

You roll your eyes slightly and try to continue walking, but again, he gets in your way.

"Y/n, something is wrong with you."

"I'm fine, Razor, just a little tired after what just happened."

He looks at you, suspicion in his eyes

"You've changed. In a bad way." But his eyes grow softer.

"But I will always follow you. Because you are lupical."

You smile, "Thanks, I guess."

"You know, Razor was really torn up when you vanished. Cried for hours, not even his favorite snacks could cheer him up." Bennett says lightly after. "And of course, I was worried too!"

Without being able to help it, you laugh. "You two are so entertaining. Don't worry, I'm here for the long run." At least, until you found something out. Something that's been on your mind for quite a bit.

"So are we!" Bennett quickly adds on, with a huge smile plastered onto his face. "I think you returning calls for a celebration meal!"

"Yes! With lots of meat and potatoes!"

"Let's feast!"

°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○
It was soon when you three found a suitable fire, after defeating three men twice your size in battle.

Bennett cooked some eggs, his signature dish. He made enough for everyone to have two plates. As for Razor, he miraculously had enough materials to cook enough for everyone to have one of his signature dish.

You could feel you're energy boosting as you take small (burnt) bites of Bennetts homemade fried egg.

"Just thinking about it, you don't have a signature dish, do you Y/n?"

You take another bite. "Never really thought about it. It's just a meal, I can just cook whatever, whenever."

Bennett frowns slightly, "But what about moments like right now? You'll need one to share with others."

You felt the need to reply with, "I feel no need to cook for others who are below me." Instead, you reply, "I'll think about it then."

Razor adds to the conversion. "Yes, I would like to taste Y/ns cooking. A special food."

"Hey, do you guys ever wonder how that small thing Jean built for me is doing?" You wanted to change the subject for some reason. You didn't like talking about food at the moment, because you feel a bitter sting.

"Yeah, I wonder why she even built it sometimes. I mean, of course you needed a place to stay, but Aether saved all of Mondstadt and only gets a couple coins as thanks!"

Maybe she knew.

"Must be overrun by now. By creatures and such."

"Wouldn't be surprising. Nature takes everything. Even human lives when they are in their prime."

"Woah there, let's not get dark now Y/n."

"Sorry, the fall must've done something."

"What fall?"

You don't bother replying, focusing on finishing your meal instead.

"Y/n, do you like?" Razor asks eagerly as you begin his dish.

"Yeah, tastes good."

"Razor is glad. You must eat to be strong and healthy." He jumps up from where he was sitting, and pretends to punch Bennett to get his point across. "Otherwise, fatui and other bad guys will win."

Bennett plays along, falling to his knees dramatically and raising his hand to the sky, "Ahhh, defeated once again."

You smirk at this little recreation. Bennett stands up and bows as Razor beams with joy, but finally Bennett noticed something off.

"Y/n, where's Aether?"

"...Who?"