The past, present, and future

This chapter contains spoilers for the 2.1 genshin update

You dug at the thing for several minutes and seemed to be getting no where.

You never would have thought something possibly small would take so long to dig up

"Hey, Zhongli! Can you help me out!" You shout down towards him.

He nods, using the pillars he creates for extra boosts, getting up much quicker than you.

"I need help digging this out, it's jammed."

He nods again, and assists you with digging.

After what seemed like forever, Zhongli finally got it out.

"This is rather interesting. It seems like an old relic, and could possibly be sold for high prices."

"Nice! Let me look... at it..." You pause as Zhongli turns the thing around, it now facing you. It was a mirror, but it didn't show your reflection.

Yet it did.

It showed you, high and mighty, laughing at others below you.

A man throws an item at you, of which you catch. You caught the item easily, throwing it back down at the man.

Yes, down. You were on a throne above the others. What should you call them? Humans? No. Creatures? Not quite. Ah yes,

Puppets.

Mere playthings for you to toss around and throw out once done.

Back to the man who threw the item at you, one mere glance at him had him trembling. A common sight for you.

"Tsk." You sigh, resting your head on your arm.

That's how your most loyal people knew that they must "deal" with the problem.

Yes, loyal people.

The ones who brought you to this glorious state.

The Harbingers.

You were so highly respected amongst them all, even somebody as pitiful as Scaramouche had to bow before you.

Yet you had their respect. All of them.

You simply had to make a measly sacrifice and you'd end up here.

A measly sacrifice of a person or two.

Or possibly, a whole town.

Just that simple sacrifice, and they replaced Signora with you.

How pitiful that she died. Killed by her own stupidity. She must have been weak. Weak, weak, weak. The only thing that you weren't.

Weeks after replacing that puppet, you ranked up quicker and quicker, being known by the archons themselves.

Quickly, your harbinger "friends" came up with a plan. You could rain revenge into the ones who betrayed you, including the man who put you in this place, your own father figure.

They, however, could simply remain loyal subjects, not daring to harm you.

What a lovely sight.

Cities crumbling one by one. Crying of citizens. Oh how you longed for it to happen again soon.

Your mortal name will be engraved into history. Yes, even after death you will be feared. Even-