"It just got worse," Ron told them, motioning to where Malfoy, Crabbe, and Theo Nott stood next to the tall rocks looking down at the scene below. Addi caught part of their conversation and felt a bit betrayed. 

"What did I say...Father said I can keep the Hippogriff's head. I'll donate it to the Gryffindor's room. This is going to be rich-" Addi frowned and Hermione went marching down the slope toward them with a scowl. Draco turned around with a bright smile, "Ah! Come to see the show?"

"You!" Harry and Ron were right behind the furious girl as she pulled her wand out, pointing it at his neck as she backed him into one of the rocks. "You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!"

Addi was slow to make her way down, she stood beside Harry looking at the ground. Ron stood a few feet in front of them with a worried look on his face, "Hermione, no! He's not worth it."

The girl began to lower her wand, still glaring holes into the blonde boy who began to chuckle like he was victorious. Hermione turned back toward her friends for a moment then swiveled on her heels and punched Malfoy right in the nose. A sickening crack was heard and the boy fell backwards cradling his face. Addi's lips twitched up a bit at the action, but her arms crossed when Draco made eye contact with her as the three Slytherins ran away. 

A proud grin fell on Hermione's face as she turned to her friends taking deep breathes. "That felt good."

"Not good," Ron said with a look of awe. "Brilliant."

Addi nodded and pulled Harry to walk down the path with her to Hagrid's. He saw the look on her face and questioned her.  "What's wrong?"

The girl in question looked over at him and then forward again. She sighed, "Don't worry about it."

Harry frowned, reaching over and lacing their fingers together as they continued down the path. 

Outside Hagrid's hut, Buckbeak was laying in the pumpkin patch. Addi's eyes filled with tears as she watched him. The other three proceeded to enter Hagrid's while Addi slowly approached the hippogriff. He squawked in greeting at her as she neared him, and the girl sat by his side, rubbing his beak. "I'm sorry, Beaky. I wish there was something I could do-" she cut herself of with a sob. Buckbeak nudged her head into his flank and covered her with his wing slightly as she began to cry harder. She lost track of how long she sat there crying, but finally she pulled away and wiped her tears. Planting a small kiss on his beak, she went into Hagrid's. 

The first thing she did was hug the half giant. He gave her head a small pat and then directed her into Hermione's arms where she clung for a few minutes to calm down. Hagrid moved over to the window to look at his hippogriff. 

"Oh, look a' him. Loves the smell o' the trees as the wind blows through 'em," he stated with a sniff. 

Harry joined him at the window, "Why don't we just set him free?"

Hagrid looked down, dejected, "They'd know it was me, an' then Dumbledore woul' get into trouble. He's comin' down, ya know, Dumbledore. Says he wants ta be with me when they...when it happens." He walked away form the window to distract himself. "Great man, Dumbledore. Great man."

"We'll stay with you to Hagrid," Hermione piped up, and Addi whimpered at the thought but nodded anyways. 

"You'll do no such thing," Hagrid began, pointing out the window to Buckbeak. "Think I wan' ya seeing something like tha'? No. Ya jus' drink yer tea an' be off. Oh! Before yer do, Ron-" He walked over to a container and opened it, pulling out a familiar rat. Addi grimaced at the sight of him. 

Ron, however, was overjoyed at the sight of his lost rat. "Scabbers! You're alive!" 

The blonde girl rolled her eyes as her friend grabbed his pet, "How unfortunate."

"You'll wan' ta keep a closer eye on yer pets, Ron," Hagrid told him. 

"I think that means you owe someone an apology," Hermione told the boy with a glare, crossing her arms.

Ron gave her a sarcastic smile, "Right. Well, next time I see Crookshanks, I'll let him know!"

"I meant me!" Hermione shot back. 

All of them jumped as the vase on the table shattered. 

"Blimey! Wha' was tha'?"

 Addi raised a brow and walked over to it with Hermione, picking up the stone that was sat amongst the shards. "Ummm..."

Harry grunted suddenly, slapping a hand onto the back of his head with a pained expression. He turned to look out the window, seeing Dumbledore, the minister, and the rest of the execution party on their way down. Hagrid followed his gaze, "Oh, crikey!"

Addi moved toward them," It nearly dark out. If they see us here, we'll get in trouble, especially you Harry. We need to go, now!"

Hagrid nodded at her words and ushered them out the back door, shouting "with you in a moment" as one of the men knocked on the front door. Addi was the first out, leading their group over behind the stack of pumpkins. She crouched down and gestured for the others to do so as well. They sat there for a few moments listening to the conversation happening inside before a branch snapped behind them. They all turned to see what caused the noise, but saw nothing. Well, kind of. 

"What?" Harry asked Hermione, who was still staring into the tree line. 

"I thought I just saw- nevermind," the girl replied with furrowed brows. 

"Let's go," Ron said, nudging Addi to get her to move. Together they ran up the hill, standing at the top overlooking Hagrid's hut. As Addi saw the executioner raise his axe, she buried her head into Harry's shoulder and whimpered. Harry clung onto her tightly, pressing a comforting kiss to her forehead. 

Ron shrieked, dropping his rat, "He bit me!" The rat began to scurry away with Ron chasing after him, "Scabbers!"

"Ron, don't!" Addi yelled, following after him. The other two were on her heals, screaming for the boy as well.

"Scabbers! Come back!" 

"Wait!"

The red haired boy fell to the ground as he wrapped his hands around his rat, who continued to squirm in his grip. Hermione, Harry and Addi stopped a few feet away catching their breath. Hermione gasped, "Harry, Addi, you do realize what tree this is?"

"That's not good," Harry replied. "Ron, run!"

But a terrified look settled on Ron's face as he pointed at something behind them. "Harry behind you, run! It's the Grim!"

Together, the three turned to see a shaggy black dog sprinting toward them with a snarl. Harry tugged the two girls to the ground and the black dog jumped straight over them, latching onto Ron's leg an pulling him into a gap in the trees trunk. 

Ron wailed for them, Addi being the only on to quickly follow while the other two sat frozen for a few moments. She followed the passage to the Shrieking Shack and used Ron's cries to guide her to him. He was sat in the corner of a room upstairs. 

"Ron! Ron, it's okay. Calm down, calm down," Addi tried to sooth him, but with little effect as he continued to whimper. 

Not to long after, Harry and Hermione burst into the room. "Ron! Are you okay? Where's the dog?"

Ron once again pointed behind them, "Harry, it's a trap! It's not a dog. He's an animagus!"

The bedroom door swung closed to reveal Sirius Black in his shaggy and unkempt glory. He was grinning at them, but there was a lingering madness in his eyes. Addi knew why of course, but she wasn't sure what Harry would do now that the man was in front of him. She bit her lip.

Hermione pulled Harry behind her, "If you want to kill Harry, you'll have to kill us too."

Sirius stepped forward, "No, only one will die tonight."

"Then it will be you!" Harry shouted, starting forward to grab the man, but Addi was quicker. She positioned herself in front of the convict and pointed her wand at he best friend. 

"Back off, Harry."