N18

As George walked put of the room, he realised something. He decided that for now he would put everything that happened away, and just focus on his job and his safety. It was confusing how
Dream found out that George was going to be there. There was a possibility that he guessed it, but it made no sense. It especially could not be a coincidence, why would Dream even think about coming into that room? He barely ever went in here!

The last possibility was that Dream was somehow controlling George's movements . That made the most sense to the brunette. It was Dreams mafia. He probably had access to all of the cameras, so he could have noticed that one got turned off for a second. Dream was smarter than he looked, he was an executive for a reason.

George let that sink in in his head, and promised to himself that he would look into that. However, after walking another two steps, he suddenly came to a halt. His breath halted and his brow twitched. Of course, how could he let this past him? Dream could've planted a device on George, and god knows what it could do. Track his movements? Record his voice? Maybe even blow him up?

However, the camera in the corridor was still on, and probably also that mysterious non confirmed device if it was there. So George couldn't let it seem as if there was something wrong. Quickly, he sat down and pretended to tie his shoes, while trying to control his breathing, in case he would run into anyone on his way.

This time he was scared. Like actually scared. Not only was he previously followed and hurt, now he got caught by a mafia executive trying to steal information. Not even adding that he might have been getting tracked.

He remembered that he spent quite some time at Dreams apartment, unconscious too. That was practically a full invite into George's body. He could've done anything. That was freaky, but George knew that he couldn't just come up with random conclusions, that would just freak him out even more . In any case, even if there was a device somewhere on him, or even somewhere in him, then it would probably be noticed by the scanners while entering the building of his mafia. They were highly advanced and could notice anything, even if as small as an ant. So, his situation wasn't as bad.

Still both furious and shaken up, George made his way up to Dreams office. He knocked, and slowly opened the door, but noticed that Dream still wasn't there. As George came into the room, Wilbur only glanced once from the computer. So, that meant that Dream probably hasn't told anyone anything yet, since if he did the first person to know would probably be Wilbur.

George sat down and tried to do some of his work, but quickly realized that he couldn't concentrate like this. He closed his laptop, and left the room as fast as he could, which once again, didn't grab Wilbur's attention.

George wanted to cool off a bit. The best way for him to do that would be to kill someone, but he wasn't assigned to any other mission rather than Schlatt, and he didn't really want to kill anyone unnecessary. So, he decided that he would do what he was best at, and that was spying. Some of Schlatt's men were sighted working near a hotel. It was told that they were selling stuff, and possibly laundering money. It was also suspected that the hotel might have been owned by Schlatt.

George was told to check out that place whenever he had time, so he decided to do it now. When he got to that place it wasn't dark yet, but it would be getting soon, which would mean that he would be able to observe that place in the dark too. He started off by getting on a rooftop that gave him a clear view of the hotel. It didn't seem like anything weird at first, it just looked like a normal hotel for the richer part of society.

George tried to concentrate and come up with a plan, but what happened earlier in the day kept coming up in his head. "Ugh, this isn't going to work." He muttered quietly to himself. "Why?" Said a voice from behind him. George jumped and spun around to see whose voice that was. In front of his stood Ranboo. George tried to say something, but nothing would come out of his mouth. He was too shocked to even open his mouth properly. As he looked Ranboo up and down, he realized how actually tall the boy was.

"What? cat got your tongue?" Ranboo asked as he stepped closer. George took a wary step back, knowing that he was right at the edge of the roof. "H-how did you get here?" George forced himself to ask. "What do you mean? I just followed you." Ranboo answered quickly as he took another step forward. But that wasn't possible. George knew for sure that he would notice if someone had been following him. How did Ranboo get here without being heard anyway? You had to open a huge door to get to the roof! George suddenly remembered that Ranboo was an esper, which put him at an even greater disadvantage.

George carefully put his hand to the side of his pants where his knife was. "You don't have to be scared of me! I just came here to observe you work" Ranboo said as he stepped so close to George that George was already leaning against the railing of the rooftop. "This is an individual job Ranboo, you need to leave" George said as he forced himself to look Ranboo in the eyes. He didn't want to seem scared. "Oh, but you're going to let me be here" Ranboo slowly lifted up his gloved hand, and caressed George's hair. "Because you wouldn't want anything happening to this face of yours, would you?"