The Aftermath - IX

Start from the beginning

"Perrie...look at me." Although her panic was rising, Perrie stared back at Jade who gently held her cheek. "I never stopped loving you. No matter how much you hurt me, I'd still want to be with you in every lifetime, in every realm. No matter how many mistakes you made, I'd forgive you over and over again. I don't care if it's hard, but I'm willing to work on it every single day because I want you–only you–forever..."

Perrie holds Jade's hand that's on her cheek. She barely noticed the tears falling from her eyes. "Jade...why are you telling me this?" Perrie saw that Jade's eyes were glossy and that the tears were starting to spill.

"Perrie..." Jade exhales, takes Perrie's hand, and gives her back the weapon. "You have to kill me."

Jade's statement frightened Perrie. "W-What?!"

"He knows that I can't be killed by any kind of weapon, be it angel or demon. It's why he chose to imprint a linking spell on me. They're after this weapon and they're after you, to kill you because with this weapon, you're the only one who can kill me. You have to kill me before he reaches this world, please..."

Perrie lets go of the weapon, like she had just touched something forbidden. The blade fell on the floor, its sound resonating in the quiet room.

"NO! No, Jade! What you're asking is impossible!" She backs away a little.

Jade picks up the weapon and walks closer to Perrie. "Listen to me..."

"N-No!! NO! I DON'T WANT TO!"

"Perrie! Please! Just–" Jade sighs. She waits for Perrie to calm down a little as the blonde paces back and forth in front of her. "If only I could do it to myself, or get Taylor, or anyone to do this, I would. Believe me, I don't want to put you through this burden, but you're the only one who's capable of killing me. It's the only way..."

Perrie quickly stops from pacing.

"No, Jade.. There's got to be another way! There's got to be another way to unlink that stupid spell! I'm going to call Taylor and Leigh-Anne, they might know a thing or two." Perrie was about to head for the door when Jade held onto her wrist.

"Perrie...stop. There's no use. Even Taylor cannot help me this time. The spell that was used is ancient, it's much older than Taylor and I." Jade stares into Perrie's worried eyes. "There's no other way. And if there is, we don't have time. I can feel it. I can feel them. They're gonna be here before sunrise."

Perrie was trying her hardest to put on a brave face for Jade. But who was she kidding? She's going to kill the love of her life! What kind of fool would do such a thing? It's wicked, it's messed up, and it's making her feel uneasy. She just got Jade back, now she's going to lose her again? When will the universe allow her to be happy? Why can't she just be happy with Jade for once!

Jade gently pulls Perrie closer.. "Perrie...if you don't do it, everything and everyone on this earth will turn into ashes – including you. And I'm not going to let that happen." Jade coaxed her. Perrie shakes her head profusely, her tears falling after the other. Jade could only wipe the tears away. "It's okay..."

"It's not okay, Jade. It's unfair. I just got you back, and what you're asking is just...just...it's too much. Jade...please don't do this to me..."

"I'm doing this for you–"

Their disagreement was cut off when all of a sudden the morning breeze changed. The stars that shone brightly that both women were marveling at earlier were now gone. Something has changed.

Perrie jumped a little when there was a loud knock on her door. It was Taylor and she managed to destroy it. She entered the room, shielding her eyes from whatever Perrie and Jade were up to.