Returning to The Mansion

Start from the beginning

I saw him roll over in my arms and wrap his arms around me. Ah, I see now.

This was a scheme to get me to hug him. To be honest, not exactly necessary since he could just ask me, but whatever makes him happy I guess.

Otto: W-Well...All is forgiv-

Otto was about to stand up, but froze when Mamoru snapped his head towards him at an angle that should have broken his own neck.

Mamoru: Go back to kneeling, fuck face.

Otto: Y-Yes sir!!

Without hesitation he kneeled back down while shaking nervously. Good grief. There is me making some light banter at Otto's expense sometimes and then there is this.

This is pretty much bullying....

Mamoru: Daaaaad...!

I glance down at Mamoru who has his face buried in my chest. He looked up and smiled warmly at me.

Mamoru: Can I eat my wannabe uncles?

....How am I supposed to respond to that? I really hope they sell a book somewhere in Lugunica titled "How to raise your mentally unstable humanoid Mabeast that has powers that come from literal witches."

On second thought, I'd probably have to write that book myself.

------------------------------------------------------------

Mamoru P.O.V

Mamoru: Okay, how did you find out about that? I'm pretty sure that I only told dad about this.

Zuri: For the love of- You do realize that whatever you did caused the clouds to split, right? That kind of thing is pretty hard to miss.

Damn, she had a point. Originally, I hoped that we would eventually get in some super dangerous situation where me and the others were fighting. I would then pull out that super strong move that can split the sky and look super cool while doing it....Or that's just my imagination running wild. I dunno.

That also reminds me...I need to name that technique. Since they already know, I might as well ask for their input.

Currently, me, Yukiko, Zuri and Iris were in my room hanging out. Thanks to the fact that I was the one who brought Yukiko to the mansion and was the one to help her get familiar with the enviorment around here, she naturally wormed her way into our little group.

Not to be mean, but she does ruin the whole Mabeast thing we've got going on. I would transform her into one, which would also probably solve her eye sight issues. But risking her becoming a brain dead Mabeast or just melting into nothing but bones is too much of a risk.

Mamoru:....In that case, wanna help me name that attack?

Zuri: Huh? You haven't named that attack yet?

Mamoru: No, why the hell do you think I'm asking you?

She didn't seem to appreciate the comment as she grabbed one of my few books and threw it at me. I caught it and put it down on the ground.

Iris: Ooh! Ooh! I wanna name it! I wanna name it!

She seemed really excited, to be fair though, she always seemed stupidly excited.

Mamoru: Sure, shoot your shot.

She stood up from the bed and proudly prepared to state the name that she must have thought long and hard about.

Iris: Sky attack!

.......

Mamoru: So, Zuri! You got anything?

Iris: Hey!

Ignoring her angry face I turned to Zuri who seemed to have already predicted Iris's lack of originality and hadn't even been paying attention in the first place.

Zuri: Hm...How about...Sky eater?

Mamoru: Sorry, no can do. That's copyrighted.

Zuri:....What's a copyri-

Mamoru: Irrelevant. Yukiko?

Turning to Yukiko, she looked a bit lost on the subject that we were speaking of. Ah, right. She's only been here for a short while and even if she had been here the last time I used it she probably wouldn't have seen it thanks to her disability.

Mamoru: Riiiight. So what happened was-

I proceeded to explain my attack in more detail. About how I used my shadows in combination with my weapon and physical strength to achieve that technique. She looked deep in thought for a moment before answering.

Yukiko:...How about..."The Strike that Split Heaven"?

We all stared at her for a moment, I then pulled out my notepad and wrote that down under "will probably use"

A couple knocks could suddenly be heard coming from behind the door. Annoying, I swear to god if that's Rem-

Petra: Um...Mamoru-sama?

Oh, it's Petra. Anything better than that blue bitch, I guess.

Mamoru: Come in.

She opened the door and made a small little bow before speaking. She's gotten a lot better at this maid shit in the last year.

Petra: The mansion has received a guest. Emilia-sama said to go and fetch you.

Mamoru:....A guest?

About 1900 words.

That's right, Arc 5 is finally here.

Fun fact, this inbetween arc between Arc 4 and 5 is actually the second longest arc so far, only behind arc 4.