Malfunctioning Authority

Subaru easily understood that Mamoru's next words could have massive consequences.

For example, it could make Julius think that Mamoru was a Witchcultist, which might just end this entire loop altogether.

So, what was Natsuki Mamoru going to say?

Mamoru: Oh that? That's the same ability Sloth used. Got a problem with that?

Subaru wanted to face palm so badly right now...

Julius looked shocked at his words, Julius had expected a proper explaination on why he had a similar looking ability to Sloth, but no. Apparantly it's the exact same ability as the Sin Archbishop of Sloth.

Julius:....But, wouldn't that make you a witchcul-

Mamoru: Call me a Witchcultist and I'll rip your head off.

What was creepy about that statement wasn't the words, but the way Mamoru said it. He said it so calmly like it was natural to him.

Julius looked speechless at Mamoru's words, he was not expecting to hear this when he woke up today.

Julius: I'm sorry, but I'm going to require a more detailed explaina-

Mamoru: Can we do that later? We still have to deal with the Witchcult and also....

Mamoru paused his words, confusing both Julius and Subaru.

He then started wobboling a bit.

Mamoru: I'm pretty sure...That I'm about to.....Collapse from exhaustion....Or just bloodloss....Or both-

Mamoru then fell to the ground with a thud.

Julius and Subaru looked at eachother in complete silence for a second, but Subaru figured out a way to get out of this situation for now.

Subaru: W-We should make sure that everyone is okay back in the village! Let's go Julius! I'll carry Rem and Mamoru while you carry Crusch!

Julius: But-

Subaru: We'll explain later! Let's just go!

Julius looked at Subaru with scepticism, but he figured that he can always ask about it later. For now Julius picked up the body of Crusch while Subaru picked up Rem while putting Mamoru on his back as they walked back to camp.

Subaru didn't need to worry this time about the fire stones as he had already taken care of them earlier, so there was no need to hurry back to the village.

Which also meant that Julius had time to ask some questions.

Julius: Subaru, are you and that child involved with the Witchcul-

Subaru: No! Nope! Neither of us are involved with them. Actually, both of us completely hate the Witchcult, I did kinda help kill the Sin Archbishop of Sloth, right?

Julius looked like he was deep in thought as he thought about his next question.

Julius: Then, why does he have the same power as Sloth? Wouldn't that mean that he's atleast involved with the Witch.

Subaru:...You know, not too long ago, I thought that those with the powers of the Witch are complete scumbags. And for the most part, it's completely true, Sloth being the best example of that. But...

Julius looked at Subaru, waiting for Subaru to finish speaking.

Subaru: Maybe if Authorities land in the right hands, then maybe they can be used for good.

Julius: So, are you saying that-

Subaru: Then again, I wouldn't go as far as saying that Mamoru is a good person, he doesn't shy away from hurting people, worst part is that he does it in my name.