Sejin informed Namjoon that you did need to go home that day. The authorities had more questions... what your dad knew about the group's plans and just Ramon in general. You felt confident that it wasn't likely that your father was going to jail about this. It had been a fear in the back of your mind since they'd told you about the DNA remnants. Jeny texted she would pack up your things so you could change for the trip back.

The news that you needed to leave so soon made breakfast a little more somber than you'd intended. Your mother was trying so hard to be accepting of you actually moving to another country. Your father seemed to be making up for lost time and was actually initiating conversations with your soulmates. Peace of mind settled over you now that you felt fully accepted and acknowledged by them. You quietly admitted to yourself the regret you would have lived with for the rest of your life if you'd terminated that relationship.

However, there was one element for your family that was still causing you pain. You pulled Cory aside. "What are we going to do about Cybelle?" you asked a little fretfully, making sure you were quiet so you didn't bring the atmosphere down for anyone else. "I'm not sure she'll..."

Your brother looked grim before he tugged you into a hug. "She's... I don't know how to say this, Y/N." He grimaced at you.

You sighed. He must think you weren't going to like what he had to tell you. "Just spit it out. We don't have enough time to dilly dally."

He chuckled wryly. "She feels guilty, Y/N."

"Guilty?"

"We all know she's had some anxiety issues since we were kids..." You nodded. She had always felt like the odd one out for some reason. It had affected her self and world views. "You know that she had always liked Thomas, but when you started dating, she was happy for you. It's just... when she took the soulmate medication..."

You looked up at your brother. "It couldn't have been easy for her... but it wasn't easy for me either. But what was I going to do? Hate them forever? Who was that really going to hurt?"

"It was nice that you could think like that, sis... but it just made her guilt even worse." He rubbed his head and you tugged him to sit down. "I don't know... A year after they got bonded and just before their marriage, she came crying to me about the whole thing. She was ripping herself to shreds. She said she wouldn't blame you for not coming."

You grimaced. "But I'd already told them I was fine at that point, hadn't I? It wasn't like they'd planned it... or had an affair before we'd broken up... Hell, Thomas hadn't even thought about proposing to me."

He shrugged. "Honestly, Y/N... You may have been too nice about the whole damn thing."

"What?" You couldn't understand where he was coming from.

"You cried when their bond was discovered, but after that... You were perfectly cordial if not welcoming to the two of them whenever you saw them. Maybe Thomas understood that, while you were in a relationship, it wasn't... a forever type? Or maybe he could let it go easier. But our sister... She started dwelling on it. As time's worn on, she's tried to get counseling, but her anger and rage has only grown. You heard her... She loves Thomas too much to hate him for this... And being angry at yourself is so exhausting..."

You rolled your eyes. "So I get to be the scapegoat? Then what was that bullshit about Thomas longing for me... or me trying to 'steal' him back?"

"Try to understand, Y/N... I think her anger is twisting everything... And maybe it isn't entirely wrong."

Your jaw dropped as you stared at him. "What the hell??? Do you think I still have feelings for him? That I would try to steal him from our sister???" You felt betrayed. Why did everyone think you'd do these terrible things?