Part 17

About little over a week after they took Nora to the pediatrician's office, the entire Bishop-Deluca family was in the car heading to the community center for a children's yoga class.

The past week had been filled with ups and downs for all of them. Nora had gotten sick every morning before daycare which was exhausting, but Carina just made sure she had a change of clothes and a toothbrush for the little girl as well as an emesis bag which Nora was getting better at using. And just like the pediatrician recommended, Carina would help Nora get cleaned up, do a quick breathing exercise with her, and then leave her at daycare and while Nora still stayed close to Nicole or Tanya most of the time, but she was getting better.

Rowan was also still struggling with her emotions, though she wasn't fighting with other kids so much anymore, though it was still happening. She was, however, still struggling with tantrums.

Maya and Carina both spent as much time as they could with the girls and were working on teaching them some breathing techniques to help them when they got upset. They tried to practice them every night before bed, usually as a whole family, though some nights, Maya was feeling too sick or Carina was working that that couldn't happen, but at least one of them did it with them.

They were just teaching the twins to be more aware of how their bodies were feeling and how to calm down. It had been going well, and while the girls were not necessarily using these new skills when they were upset just yet, the fact that they were learning them was enough for now. This yoga class was something they were hoping would help more.

It had been up in the air if Maya was going to make it today because she had been sick the night before and struggled to sleep because of it until about 2 am, but she woke up feeling ok that morning and she was really determined to be there for the girls as much as she could so despite being exhausted, she was in the car with her family, though she did have Carina drive.

"Are you girls excited to go to yoga class?" Maya asked as they drove.

"It's yike stretching right Mommy?" Rowan asked.

"Yes," Maya nodded, "It's stretching and helping your body feel better. It will be lots of fun. And all you have to do is try. If you can't do it perfectly, that's ok. It's just about having fun."

"And Mommy and Mamma are going to stay?" Nora asked for probably the fifth time that morning.

"Si," Carina nodded, "We are going to stay. All of us get to do yoga together."

"Even my baby Totoino?" Rowan asked.

"I mean, I am going to be doing it," Maya said, "So Trottolino will be doing it too."

"Why does my baby take so yong to get bigger?" Rowan sighed.

"You two took a long time to get big too," Carina said, chuckling.

"No, I'm big," Rowan said, shaking her head.

"You are now," Maya said, "But you had to grow just like Trottolino inside of Mamma."

"But Mamma doesn't have a utus," Rowan said.

"She doesn't anymore," Maya said, "But she did when she was pregnant with you two."

"But then, I got sick and in order to get better, they had to take out my uterus," Carina said, Maya reaching over and grabbing her hand, rubbing her thumb across the back of it.

"But you both got to grow inside Mamma," Maya said.

"Si," Carina said, "You were both squished in there together."

"Did we play?" Nora asked.

"You did," Carina chuckled, "You both loved moving around so much, especially Rowan."