Part 29

Sleep was once again not great for Maya and Carina. Neither of them really fell back to sleep after Carina's nightmare and Nora woke up crying at 3 am and ended up in their bed afterward because she was clingy. Maya was still pumping every three hours during the night and all of it just made them exhausted.

Rowan was up bright and early at 6:30 am asking about her baby and also wanting breakfast. Carina got up with her because Maya needed to pump again.

The morning felt a bit like they were walking through molasses as they tried to get the twins ready and out the door. It was a long morning with Rowan insisting she didn't want a lid on her cup and then proceeding to spill smoothie all over herself, bursting into tears as the drink somehow even ended up in her hair which resulted in Carina taking her upstairs for a quick bath while Maya tried to get the kitchen cleaned up and get Nora to eat which went alright considering she was complaining her stomach hurt and that she didn't want to go to daycare. Maya sat with her and helped her with some breathing exercises after checking her temperature just to make sure she wasn't feverish. Luckily, that was not the case and after some deep breaths and a few hugs and talking, Nora ate some food while Maya packed lunches.

Carina and Rowan came back downstairs, Rowan redressed in clean clothes, her damp hair tired up in a braid.

"Bambina, I could have done that," Carina said when she saw Maya making lunch for the girls.

"I've got it," Maya said, "You were busy with a bath."

"Si," Carina sighed, "But now her hair is smoothie free and we talked about her using cups with lids for a little while longer. We compromised that she can drink water outside without a lid on her cup."

"Good," Maya nodded finishing filling Nora's water bottle for daycare, looking at her wife before lowering her voice so the twins couldn't hear, "Nora is complaining about her tummy again. We did some talking and breathing, but just so you know."

"Ok," Carina nodded, sighing as she looked over at the little brunette who was taking a tiny bite of toast. It took another hour before everyone was ready to go which was forty minutes later than they hoped to be out the door, but it wasn't too big of a deal considering they didn't have work or anything today.

On the way to the hospital, Nora again complained her tummy was hurting and that she wanted to stay home with Mommy and Mamma which broke Maya and Carina's hearts, but they also knew it was important to help her through this and show her she could do it. They got to the hospital, Rowan holding Maya's hand to talk in while Carina carried Nora.

"I don't want to," Nora said, shaking her head as they got there, "I want to stay wif you and Mommy."

"I know Piccola," Carina said, "But we are just going to go sit and be quiet all day and you will have much more fun here with Harper and Rowan and your friends."

"But I will miss you," Nora said, "I don't want to."

"You can do this Nora," Maya said, coming over with Rowan, having grabbed an emesis bag from the daycare worker just in case, "Should we take some deep breaths?"

Instead of taking a breath though, Nora gagged, Maya quickly getting the bag under her chin.

"Hey, you need to breathe Piccola," Carina said, really hoping they could avoid Nora actually getting sick, "Come on. Let's all take a breath together."

"It's okay Noa," Rowan said, holding her sister's hand as Carina guided all of them to take a deep breath and then a few more, Nora settling down some after that.

"Are you feeling better?" Maya asked, rubbing her back a little bit.

"Si," Nora said, tears in her eyes, "But my tummy still hurts a little."