Part 19

The day after finding out the baby was small, Maya spent the entire day in bed, Carina opting to take the day off as well despite Maya's insistence that she got in, the two of them just spending time in bed together, Maya too mentally exhausted to do anything else.

It was so hard for Carina to watch and all she wanted was to pour light and happiness into her wife's soul and make everything ok, but she knew that this was not realistic so instead, she just was present and supported her wife as best as she knew how.

They both made sure the twins knew that Maya was ok but just sad and needing to feel her big feelings for a little while. Rowan and Nora were both very sweet, Nora playing with Maya's hair and Rowan pressing tiny kisses to Maya's bump.

The following day, Maya was still not feeling great, but she was feeling well enough to get out of bed and go to work. Things continued to improve as the week went on, Maya having her appointment with Diane which helped a lot and while Maya was still worried out of her mind about the baby and felt pretty guilty, she was armed with tools to help her at least cope with those feelings when they came up.

A week after their appointment, both Maya and Carina had the day off and had decided to keep the girls home with them for the day, just to enjoy some time as a family. Maya hadn't had a day where she was sick enough to have to stay home in over a week which shocked her when she realized it after Nora asked her if she was going to have to stay in bed all day while they were home.

"Has it really been ten days since I spent the day sick in bed?" Maya asked as she walked into the kitchen with the twins where her wife was making breakfast.

"Si," Carina nodded, "I think it has. You are doing really well lately."

"I didn't think that would ever happen," Maya said as she went over to the fridge, grabbing out an orange, some cottage cheese, and pickles before going to the pantry and getting out some almonds, hating that this was her latest craving but more than willing to eat whatever would keep her stomach semi-settled.

"Tan I have a pickle too?" Rowan asked as Maya sat down.

"Sure," the older blonde said, taking a pickle spear out of the jar, handing it to Rowan.

"Yum," Rowan said, "Gwazie Mommy."

"You're welcome Rowan," Maya said.

"Noa doesn't yike pickles," Rowan said.

"Yeah," Nora nodded, "I don't yike pickles."

"And that's ok," Maya said as she pealed her orange, adding it into her bowl of cottage cheese, "We all don't have to like the same foods."

"Here is your oatmeal bambine," Carina said, setting the bowls down in front of them.

"Gwazie Mamma," they both said.

They had discovered earlier in the week that the smell of oatmeal didn't bother Maya's stomach anymore and while eating it was still off the table, Carina and the girls could eat it with her around. They all ate together, Carina and the twins enjoying their apple cinnamon oatmeal while Maya ate her cottage cheese with oranges and almonds in it using pickle spears to scoop it up.

Once breakfast was over, they decided to get dressed and head to the park, taking advantage of the stars aligning to give them nice weather, a day off as a family, and Maya not feeling miserable. The pregnant woman was still tired and her pelvis was very achy and painful at times, but she was figuring out how to live with that.

She pushed Nora on the swings for a good amount of time while Carina helped Rowan on the triangle monkey bars, the little girl getting very good at hanging on the bar and just holding her body weight up.