ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16

𓂅 𓄹 Welcome to Chapter 16 𓄼

Another new chapter for you guys!

Let's get into it!

━━・❪ ・━━

A WEEK HAS FINALLY PASSED, and they were nearing the day of the Battle of Verglas and Ignatius. Duri was nervous but Oberon knew what he had to do.

"Ais... everything will be alright. I will do my best to not let any one of you die, alright?"

Duri said in a serious tone, holding his older brother's hands, Ice looked at his green orbs as he nodded.

The two of them were anxious, especially Ais. He had the possibility of dying, but it was shared with his twin brother, after all.

"I trust you... Duri." -Ais

"I know Ais. I know you do."

Duri gently smiled at his brother who gave him a small smile. They both gave each other a hug of reassurance.

Ais' grip on Duri's clothes tightened, and the nature wielder frowned as he kept his brother close to him.

'Chaos... if you hear me. Please help me...'

The green-eyed boy said in his thoughts, asking for guidance. Ice could only rest his head on his brother's shoulder, he is glad that he is here with him.

━━・❪ ・━━

"OH DEAR CHILD OF FLOWERS, I'll be glad to help you."

Chaos stood amid the empty void, looking at a portrait.

There were two portraits, one of a dead child, and one of Duri.

"Oh how I miss you, my grandson... but fear not, Duri shall do whatever it takes to reach the true ending of the story."

Chaos smiled, turning around as he walked away from the portraits.

But amidst the dark void, there was a dying light, there stood the dead child who frowned.

"Why must you put him into a loop of suffering, Chaos?"

"Is it to save him?"

"Or to entertain yourself?"

━━・❪ ・━━

THE ELEMENTAL SIBLINGS WERE GATHERED IN THE MAIN ROOM BY THEIR COMMANDER, Tarung.

"You will all go to an unnamed planet to investigate it. You all shall not return once you all have important intel."

Tarung crossed his arms as he looked down at the siblings who saluted at him.

"Very well. You all are dismissed, get ready for tomorrow morning." -Tarung

"Yes sir!"

The elemental siblings said in unison before leaving the room. Tarung sighed and frowned, he somehow felt worried for them.