Quidditch

"Gryffindor and Slytherin are neck in neck! Who will proceed to the next round?" Louis Talhab, a forth year Hufflepuff student's voice could be heard over the entire campus as he narrated the match.

The weather was horrid. It was dreary and miserable, rain drizzling from the dark clouds. But the game had to go on.

James was playing his best, he had to win this or everyone would be disappointed in him. This was the big game against Slytherin. This was everything.

Reg, the seeker for Slytherin, couldn't have cared less. But it was Slytherin v. Gryffindor. The outcome mattered. Even social outcasts cared about the results here.

The two teams fought hard, staying neck in neck until the very last second. James flew forward a second to soon and was hit hard by a bludger.

Audible gasps from the crowd sounded as James slipped off his broom silently and fell to the ground with a thud.

Regulus' heart dropped.

After months of sneaking around with James freakin' Potter, he couldn't help but feel overly worried for the boy.

He knew he'd caught feelings and he knew James could never know under any circumstances. But none of that mattered right now because James was hurt and Regulus couldn't breath.

He watched silently as James was loaded onto a stretcher and wheeled back into the school. The game came to an abrupt halt. All players landed and rushed off to the locker rooms, eager to change into dry clothes and warm up.

Reg had other plans. With his brother taking care of Remus after a full moon - another thing the marauders thought they were hiding - Reg knew
James wouldn't have anyone by his side when he woke up in the hospital wing.

James murmured groggily as he sat up in bed, rubbing his eyes. He groped around for this glasses weakly, groaning at the stabbing pain in his arm.

"You okay?" A familiar voice asked.

James finally found his glasses, sliding them on and blinking a few times as he turned towards the voice.

"Reg? What are you doing here?" He asked quietly, groaning against when he shifted.

Reg was sitting in a chair next to James bed, a book in his lap. His hair was still damp and he was in his quidditch jersey.

"Sirius and Remus are busy. Peter is off sticking his tongue in Maisie Peterson. Someone has to be here to make sure you take care of yourself."

"I'm fine," James started, bracing himself up on his arms before reg reached out and touched the exact spot where James had been hit.

James gasped with pain, his arms buckling as he fell back onto the pile of pillows behind him. He glared at Reg frustratedly.

"What were you saying, James?" Reg asked smugly, raising an eyebrow.

"All high and mighty now but when we're alone-"

Regulus coughed loudly to cut James off as another student walked by.

James grinned satisfactory and hauled himself into sitting position again.

"Are you alright? Really." Regulus asked, his voice taking on a more gentle tone.

"I'll be okay love," James responded, matching Reg's tone.

Regulus face went red, to James pleasure and Regs dismay.

Cautiously, James slid over in his hospital bed and patted next to him.

Hesitatingly, Regulus slid into the bed next to James.

"You reek," James scolded playfully.

Reg rolled his eyes and pulled his quidditch jersey off, leaving his pale skin to practically glisten in the moonlight.

It was James' turn to blush as he adverted his gaze.

"Shy now, are we? You weren't so shy when we-"

James covered Regs mouth suddenly, gentle but effective.

Regulus raised a challenging eyebrow.

"Please. Don't do this to me," James murmured softly, removing his hand.

Regulus smiled to himself and just nodded, laying his head against James' chest and listening to his rapid heartbeat.

After a few minutes, James' heart rate slowed and his fingers found there way into Regulus' hair.

"Reg?"

"Mhm?"

"Thank you for being here."

(It's short, I'm sorry. I'm tired. I'll write a longer one next time. If you have any requests, send them to me, comment, you know the drill.)
-T