Chapter 32: The H.I.V.E.'s Last Dance pt. 1

PART ONE:

Explosions echoed across the streets of downtown Jump City, smoke rising over the rooftops. Amongst the chaos was a small bald boy in a green suit with four mechanical arms along side a mountainous man with red hair and a black and yellow jumpsuit. The bigger of the two, Mammoth, lifted an armored truck over his head, hurling them at the police, with a line of more cars behind him. The younger of the two, Gizmo, took this as an opportunity to steal money from a bank, using a machine on his back that vacuumed the bills up in seconds.

"Hah!" Gizmo laughed to his teammate "This is too easy!"

"Think again, Gizmo." Came the voice of Robin from behind him.

"Huh?" Gizmo spun around to the whole in the wall of the bank he created, but didn't see anybody there.

Suddenly a thin cable wrapped around Gizmo's body and sent a burst of electricity throughout his body. Gizmos fell to the floor and his team mate looked in confusion. Suddenly Robin, Beastboy, and Cyborg appeared in front of Gizmo out of thin air.

"Bet you didn't see that coming." Beastboy smirked with his arms folded.

Mammoth looked from the street and gritted his teeth with anger. He reached his massive hands down and lifted a car over his head.

He growled with fury, "Why you little-"

"Now now name calling isn't very sportsman like." Came another voice from above the massive villain.

Raven and Starfire appeared out of thin air levitating above his head with Peter in his normal red and blue uniform crouched on the rooftop next to them. With a flick of the wrist, Peter shot a web at the ground at Mammoth's feet which exploded, stringing the massive villain in a massive entanglement of webs. Starfire swooped in soon after, clambering her fist to strike the villain, but he broke out of the webs and swatted her out of the air. He then turned and tried throwing the car at the others, but Raven held it in midair over the villains head. Peter then swung towards Mammoth, ready to kick him. At the last minute he dodged his massive fist and front flipped into another kick that knocked the villain to his knees.

Meanwhile, Gizmo managed to wriggle free of Robin's trap and engaged a laser cannon that sprouted from his backpack.

"Eat this, crud muffins!" Gizmo snickered, charging up his weapon at Beastboy.

"Oh just cut to the chase and curse already!" Peter shouted at Gizmo from the street while Raven wrapped a light post around Mammoths body to restrain him. "That was painful to listen to!"

Gizmo fired his cannon at Robin, Cyborg, and Beastboy. Luckily they all jumped out of the way from the blast. Gizmo took this opportunity and ran through the hole in the wall on his mechanical spider legs. He stopped on the street and charged up his cannon aimed at Peter, Starfire, and Raven, when suddenly it stopped without his control.

"Pairing new device." Came a female robotic voice.

Gizmo looked in confusion at Peter who was pressing a few buttons on his web shooters. "What are you doing?"

"Showing you a thing or two." Peter replied with a smirk and pushed a final button in an exaggerated manner. "Taking notes?"

Suddenly Gizmo's mechanical spider legs started bouncing up and down repeatedly while twisting simultaneously while the villain helplessly screamed all the while. Then, other Titans joined by Peter's side smirking in amusement.

"Hehe, nice one, dude." Beastboy laughed.

"Most amusing." Starfire giggled.
Peter pressed another button and the legs stopped instantly, leaving Gizmo lookin around in dazed confusion and dizziness.