Heist

Ravine waited there while Summit recovered, she knew this could take a few minutes. Finally, Summit was able to release his injury, but he was still greatly uncomfortable. Em helped him to his talons.

"I know how to get the eggs out of here," Ravine said evenly, "are you ready, or do you need a few more minutes."

"No, I'm ready," Summit took a step forward, the movement suddenly causing a new jolt of pain to shoot through him. "Yeah, I need a few more minutes," he whimpered pitifully, folding back in on himself.

While Summit continued to tend to his injury, Ravine could do nothing but just stand there waiting.

"So a tribe of dragons is about to ruthlessly eat the entire next generation of young in Pyrrhia, and you two are just sitting in your room acting out your Honeymoon?"

Summit went red, "We were prisoners."

Ravine gave a nod, not bothering to hide the amusement on her face, "Yes, a perfectly normal response to finding yourself held captive with a cute girl."

"It's also our wedding night," Embryo added, probably unhelpfully.

"Of course," Ravine responded satirically.

In truth, she thought these two were cute together, she couldn't think of a more fitting couple if she tried. Of course, they had hardly been acquaintances very long - Ravine couldn't believe the Queen had made them get married like that - but looking at the two of them together, she figured there were worse fates they could be given.

Still, Ravine looked at Em cautiously, not sure how an OmeletWing, even a gentle one like her, would feel about the plan to save the eggs. She was sure they could leave her behind in the room, but Ravine didn't want to lock her back up if not need be.

But Em seemed to detect what she was thinking, because - with a talon still gently on Summit's back – she took a step forward. "Listen, I want to help," she said, "what my tribe is doing to you guys, it's not fair, I know how you dragons feel about your eggs, and our way of life, I know it's not for you. Or your eggs."

Em felt a talon of guilt inside her, everybody in her village had loved and cared for her like family, and now she was having to go against everything they believed like she was their enemy. But she knew she couldn't let this happen, she knew she had to save these other families, even if it meant betraying her own.

Summit finally straightened back up shakily, "Okay, I'm ready. I hope." Again, he took a cautious step forward and winced, "I can do this, I can..." He took a deep breath, his eyes watering, "Let's do this." Oh how much he wanted to die.

Summit and Em followed Ravine down the hallways toward the kitchen. As they did so, Em couldn't stop thinking about hers and Summit's night together. What was that, how could it have been so... It was too much to put into words.

But then she realized something, she felt content in herself. She couldn't speak for every dragon, but looking at Summit, she almost felt something special about being female, weirdness and all. She liked her body, she liked sharing it with Summit - she liked the blushiness, the weirdness she felt in herself that came with thinking about how she was a girl - she wanted to like living with it... Just why did living in her body have to bring her so much pain?

But still, this was something. That Summit and her were so different. Every step she took, as her legs moved against eachother, the feeling of herself was distinctly female. Once again she marveled at how - as close as they two were in spirit - how something as simple as a walk could make it such a mystery on what it must be like to be Summit. How must it feel for Summit to take every step as male?