Married

A/N – Please note, this chapter contain some heavily implied themes concerning marriage in the end of the first and during the third sections. Read to your own comfort, and feel free to skip over things if you like.

The guards led them down the hallways and into the Throne Room where Queen Omelet sat on the throne all regally (She may be Queen of the Omelets, but she was still a Queen afterall). Queen Omelet held a scroll in her talons, her claws dipped in fresh ink, and as they entered, she looked at them considerably. Summit and Em watched her feeling anxious about what she might be about to do to them.

Finally: "I've been informed that you're no longer interested in pursuing a partnership with Vitellus, is this right Embryo?" Before either could answer, Queen Omelet turned her expression toward Summit, "And this is the dragon you want to spend the rest of your life with?"

Embryo hesitated, not sure where this was going, "Uh, well yes, but-"

Queen Omelet wrote something down on the scroll. Pausing, she looked back at Summit, "And your name is?"

"Uh, Summit your..."

"Eggmajesty," Em whispered in his ear.

"Eggmajesty," Summit finished.

"Ah, yes, perfect." Queen Omelet finished what she was writing, took out a seal, and stamped it to the page. Closing the scroll, she got up to leave. "Okay, it's official, you two are married, enjoy."

"Wait, what?" Embryo exclaimed, shocked beyond all words, "I-I meant in the long term. I didn't mean we were ready to get married now." She knew what she had said to Summit just last night, she knew she wanted to spend her life with him, but she didn't mean she was planning to get eloped then and there.

Queen Omelet gestured to the scroll as she got up to pass them, "This is an official document, I can't very well undo it." As she was about to take leave of the room, she turned back to look at them, "I recommend you enjoy your night together, the first night married is always a wonderful thing. And the Eggs that follow... So grandiose as well."

And suddenly she was gone.

Embryo and Summit turned to look at eachother still too stunned to speak.

Well, that's how I imagined my wedding going, Summit thought, completely stupefied.

Summit and Embryo were escorted back to the room in a dazed silence. As Summit walked beside Embryo, he could barely look at her. My wife, he thought, the words seeming too foreign for him to comprehend. I have... Em is... my wife? This is not at all where he'd planned his day going.

As the guard closed the door behind them in there room, he nodded at them politely, a knowing smile on his face. "Have fun." And then once again, they were locked in, left with no other options outside of the other's company.

Complete absolute silence. For the longest time, neither of them said anything. Up to this point Summit and Embryo had come to feel completely comfortable around eachother, they had known what they were to eachother, they'd loved eachother, they'd shared so much of themselves with eachother, but now, this new level to their relationship, they weren't... How could they be married? Summit had tried so long not to see Em in that way, they weren't ready for that. But now here they were. Could it be possible that now they were at a point where it'd actually be okay for them to... like that side of eachother?

But then Summit looked at Em and Em looked back at him, and they both knew, the love they felt for one another was true. Their relationship may have been young, they may have been in no way prepared for this day to turn out like this, but somehow they knew with the other, they'd be alright.