Growing

A/N - Be aware, the romance gets just a little crazy in this one.

"Summit?" Embryo said the next morning after they had given the MudWings their thanks, before setting out again. She expected to feel herself blushing again, thinking about it, how her feminine Egg Laying self was so out of place in the contrast of Summit's male non-Egg Laying self, but strangely she didn't. Maybe she was starting to get used to sharing these kinds of things with Summit, that they were starting to feel less embarrassing than they used to. "About our conversation last night..." she said, turning her mind back to the subject she wanted to speak about, "Thanks for understanding."

"Well, I, uh, try." Summit was honored that she felt he could trust him with these awkward conversations, he just hoped with his overwhelming crush and everything, he was handling it all respectfully. "You deserve to be looked at as more than just someone whose very presence rises up this kind of crush in me. I know I can't control how I feel, but I worry it's not fair of me to see you that way."

Embryo gave him a light side bump. "I think it's cute that you have a crush on me, though still a little awkward at times. Like you said, you try, and at least if you do have feelings about me that are kind of awkward," she blushed, "at least you're polite about it."

Embryo was glad that her and Summit could now trust eachother with these conversations, but somewhere inside, she felt a sort of sad emptiness where her embarrassment had once been. It'd actually been kind of funny her and Summit's awkwardness around eachother, she just now realized.

She shook her head. Surely trust was better than awkward amusement any day.

As they took off again, things started out pretty normally. But as they flew East over the MudWing Kingdom, bluffs and farmland turning into marshland and swamps, Embryo started to feel the emptiness inside from earlier being replaced by a new sensation.

Embryo found herself filling with some sort of amusement, and from time to time, found herself laughing to herself.

"What's so funny," Summit asked eventually, confused.

"Nothing," Embryo replied. And thinking about it to herself, she couldn't quite place what had amused her either.

As they landed in the swamp for lunch, Embryo could feel that "something" increasing. She knew somewhere in the back of her mind she was taking in all the atmospheric qualities of this new place, how the sticky humid air closed in around them, the annoying mosquitos swarming around them, trying to eat through their scales but failing miserably, and all the new swamp smells and such, but she couldn't help but be distracted by all the new feelings swirling inside her, by Summit, how handsome he was, how good he looked with every step he took.

"You're hot," she told him, "And not just because it's humid. Must be because you're a SkyWing. You know, because SkyWings breath fire." She giggled to herself at her joke.

"Okay..." Summit replied, not sure how to respond. Him and Embryo may have been beginning to adjust to their awkward feelings around eachother, but this... was a little awkward.

After a lunch of crocodile, they took back off again, but now, the whole flight, Summit kept hearing Embryo giggling to herself as she flew along beside him.

"Are you okay?" Summit finally asked.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?" Embryo replied, before giving off another giggle.

That Evening, they found another MudWing group of sibs that was willing to take them in. As they made themselves comfortable in the hut, they noticed the MudWings were moving about, like they were getting ready to head out.