Chapter - 32

Pete's Pov

We were done with the day,
I decided to stay at minor family's mansion because I knew both Vegas and Macau needed me..
They have been through a lot..

Even though, Khun Kan was not the best dad to have around, loosing someone is never easy and especially for Macau, who is still blaming himself..

Macau has a very kind soul , sometimes it's even hard to beleive that he has a mafia background, which kind of explains how hard all of it must have been for him.

Ever since the News has been officially released, they are getting more and more calls and visits from business partners, which kept Vegas busy . Afterall , he is now the head of the family..

" Where's Macau?",
I was startled by the sudden voice . I turned around to see it was khun Tay..

He must have got the news, it's good that he is here. His presence is most definitely going to help Macau. .

" I'll show you the way to his room", I smiled at him .

Its probably the first time that he is here, which kind of makes sense , given; his family and khun Kan didn't had good relations..

" I wish I could come earlier, but I wasn't aware of the news.",
I could sense a bit of guilt in his voice .

" Its okay khun tay, Macau would be definitely happy by your presence",

" You shouldn't call me 'khun' ", he said ,which made me turn my face to look at him .
He probably had no idea about my current situation,
but He has always been nice to me, even when I was just a bodyguard.

I just smiled at him in return..

" This is macau's room", I pointed at his door and left.

Tay's Pov

I am not sure how am going to face him, throughout our relationship he has always been the mature one even though he is younger than me..
he has been there for me and now it was my turn ,
but deep down I was scared of not being good with my comforting skills..

I also felt bad that I wasn't here for the funeral procession but to my defense I wasn't aware about this until I heard the news..

I knocked on his door. Its my first time being here. My dad would definitely not be Happy about it

..

" Mac?", He was lying on his bed , completely covered in blanket..

On hearing me, he removed the blanket and stood up..

His eyes were Red and puffy .
By instincts I ran to him and hugged him..

" Am sorry , I should have been here sooner", I wrapped him in my arms..

He placed his head on my chest..

" Its okay, you were most probably unaware and am glad you're here . I needed you",

He was now lying on my lap.
I couldn't help but smile.
Him hugging my waist and me caressing his hair , we stayed in that position for hours.

..

" Macau?", I heard Pete's voice .

Macau got up and I straightened my shirt..

" Come in phi", he said..

As Pete entered he had a huge smile on his face. I have always liked him, he is sweet and nice. And am very glad that he cares about Macau.

" I want you guys to invite for dinner", he said.