"Ryan", I stop him from laying on the bed. "We need to make her happy."

He yanks his hand away and sits up, hugging the big pillow to himself. He doesn't look like the Ryan I got married to two days ago. He is nowhere close to resembling the same man I went on a date with who was all confident looking and arrogant.

He looks broken. Heartbroken. Just like how I felt when I saw my best friend with my boyfriend, naked.

"This is no longer about us, Ryan", I say, sitting in front of him. I want him to get my point. Just hearing about her dying soon brings a sort of sympathy into me for her. 

Scenes of how she made jokes about his childhood and how she managed to convince me to go along with it race through my head and I wonder what it means to lose someone.

Not just someone. A mother. 

His mother.

"This is about your mother. She needs us to be there for her. How can we be there for her? By granting her wish. We are already married and stuck with each other for a while but it won't hurt to grant her last wish, will it?"

"How?" He hits his forehead and throws the pillow away, startling me. "How? Tell me. How can I stop her from dying? That is all I want to know not some damn lectures on how to make her happy."

"You don't care if she is happy, is that what you are saying?"

"Don't put words in my mouth, woman!" He growls in irritation and I can feel my uprising anger.

Can we just go a day and a night without stepping on each other's toes? I am not nice but I am trying to be because someone's happiness and life is involved.

Obviously, Ryan is not just dumb but also stupid.

I am helping him. I am helping the idiot yet he isn't seeing it.

What a man!

"You know what?" I stand up from the bed. "You are a coward."

"What?!" He lifts his head and I see tears brimming in his blue ocean eyes.

"Yes, you are a coward. Only a coward will act this way. You don't want to face your fear. What the hell is wrong with you? Is this how you want to help the poor woman? I won't wallow in self-pity instead of looking for solutions if I were you…"

"This is not happening to you", he cuts me short and I shake my head and turn to go to my bed.

He is a complete fool!

Angrily, I climb into bed and throw the comforter over my head. I shut my eyes tightly because I do not want to see how pathetic he looks right now if I turn around.