159. King of the Damned

Depuis le début

Heavy footsteps approached and Ezra asked, "Is that... him?"

"It is."

The footsteps kept coming until Castiel appeared in the doorway.

EXT. OUTSIDE

The Impala pulled up to the Central Municipal Power Corp.

"This is the address?" Dean asked.

"Yeah," Sam confirmed.

They were about to knock on the door when it opened.

"If you'll follow me, the Commander will see you now," Benjamin said.

Dean turned to Sam and Alana and asked, "The Commander?"

Sam, Dean and Alana were led into Castiel's command center. It was a large room equipped with state of the art spy and tracking devices, computers, and other tools, and was well-staffed.

"Sir," Benjamin said to Castiel.

Castiel and Dean hugged, then Castiel and Sam, and finally Castiel and Alana. Castiel turned to Benjamin. "Um... dismissed." He turned to the hunters. "He can be a little stuffy." He gave Alana a nod. "Congratulations."

Alana smiled. "Thank you."

"So... Commander?" Dean asked.

"Yeah, not my idea," Castiel said. "They had no leader, and they insisted on following me."

"Yeah. No, we totally get it. You're a rock star."

"Bartholomew is dead. Malachi was murdered by Gadreel, and with Metatron as powerful as he is now, I needed to do something."

"So this war between angels is really gonna happen?" Sam wondered.

"Not if I can find a diplomatic option for getting rid of Metatron."

"Good luck with that," Dean said.

"Dean, this angel-on-angel violence -- it has to end. Someone has to say, "enough"."

"And that someone is you?"

"That brings me to why you're here. We have a prisoner. It's an angel from Metatron's inner circle. I need to know what they're planning, but so far, he's revealed nothing."

Dean frowned. "So, you're done with the rough stuff, and you want us to be your goons."

"Well, you've had success at these situations before. If you don't want to do it, I understand."

"Who says I don't want to do it?"

INT. HUMBOLDT HOTEL - CLEVELAND, OHIO - NIGHT

CROWLEY'S SUITE

Crowley was addressing a few demons in a conference room. "So, here's the thing, boys and girls -- we have a crisis. Admittedly, a crisis of my own making. In my extended absence, where I handled sensitive matters of state, Abaddon made inroads into my following, creating chaos. So I look to you, my trusted advisors, to restore confidence, to soothe those jangled nerves. Spread the word -- the king is back, and the kingdom is once again on sound footing. So, all those with me, say "yo!""

No one said "yo" until Abaddon entered and said, "Yo. I mean, I'm literally with you, not with you with you."

Crowley looked at his advisors. "You betrayed me? No one in the history of torture's been tortured with torture like the torture you'll be tortured with."

"Relax, everyone. You did the new queen a solid. You are sitting at the popular kids' table. Now, Crowley, let's talk turkey. I know you helped the Winchesters get their hands on the First Blade, yes? And I'm hearing that one of them also has the Mark of Cain -- all bad news, since the Blade is the one thing that can bring about my-"