Chapter 17

A/N: Thank you Dewdrop and Cirrus for helping me write and proofread this chapter. We hope you all enjoy it. - Cumulus <3

Chapter 17

Celestial's POV

Copia's performance was a sight to behold. I never knew he was such a good dancer either the way he was shaking his hips and dancing with the Ghouls was amazing. I told him as much as they had finished. He refused to sing Cirice saying it was a surprise for me later I pouted and begged but he wouldn't budge on his decision.

The next morning we walked together down the halls of the church and found the promotional posters had been put up in various locations giving the Brothers and Sisters the option to come and pay their respects to the fallen Papa's. It still made me queasy seeing the picture of my sweet Copia holding the head of Terzo. Copia and I made our way to the ballroom making finalising decisions and moving stuff around if needed before we let any of the clergy in. The Ghouls joined us when Sunshine came over looking a bit shaken.

"Cardinal, Celestial, I'm sorry to interrupt but there is something you should come and see," she said, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the fallen Papa's coffins, Copia following with a puzzled expression. Once I saw what she meant my blood ran cold. Terzo's coffin had scratch marks as if he had tried to get out. I checked the coffin over in a panic and they were definitely internal scratches. My heart began to thud so hard I could hear it in my ears. Shaking, I turned to the Cardinal who looked just as freaked out. Sunshine still didn't know we saw his foot twitch in the morgue. I looked up at Copia, eyes wide in fear and I could see the same in his.

I pulled him close to me and began a hushed conversation as Sunshine stood back biting her nails nervously. "Copia, what in Satan's name is going on?! His foot moved. We both saw that and now scratch marks? How? What?'' I began having a panic attack. He grabbed my shoulders pulling me into a hug whispering "it was probably a prank, it has to be '' he didn't sound sure of himself. It felt like he was trying to convince himself rather than me. "Copia, he...he can't come back can he?" I ask my breathing laboured. "I do not know Cara, but we will take extra precautions ok? We can't tell anyone else about this until we know what's going on. They won't believe us without more evidence" he says, pulling away, but I could still see the concern.

"Everything is fine, just a horrible prank Sunshine no need to fret. If everything else is ok you can open the doors and let the clergy in to pay their respects." Copia says fiddling with his hands nervously. Sunshine gave him a look which indicated she was suspicious but unable to refuse she curtsied and headed to the doors.

The Cardinal took my hand in his as we moved to the side to give people their privacy when paying their respects. So many of the Sisters were sobbing, throwing themselves over Terzo's coffin. It was ridiculous and over the top, I couldn't help but roll my eyes and scoff. I can feel the cardinal laughing as I do and I look up and give him a cheeky smile. The Brothers and Sisters had finally begun to take their seats so the Cardinal went over to the lectern to give a speech.

"To lose people we all cared so deeply for brings pain beyond belief. There is nothing I could say to ease all of our pain, sadness and grief. We have all lost the Papa's who were so wonderful and dear. In this time of mourning, think of everything they have all done for us in their own special ways. Because if you can choose to remember them then they are never truly dead in our hearts. And though the death was sudden, they will stay with us and guide us, their legacy will light the way for us all". Copia says while looking at each and every person. They all weep silently nodding.

"The concert will begin at six pm this evening. You are all welcome to join in and celebrate their life. I hope to see you all there" he leaves the lectern and returns to the corner with me as the brothers and sisters say their final respects and exit the room to get ready for the concert.