Chapter 3

A/N: Thank you to my dearest Cirrus and Dewdrop for helping me come up with ideas for this chapter. Also thank you Cirrus, Dewdrop and Aether for proofreading for me. - Cumulus <3

Chapter 3

Sister Imperator POV

"What's the fascination with this Cardinal anyway?" Papa Nihil huffs, throwing his usual temper tantrum. "Sister, you can not be serious?" he says looking at me unamused. "As a heart attack," I responded standing my ground and looking him in his eyes.

"But sister, he is not a part of the bloodline" he begins to pout at me like a child. "With all due respect, you are all out of progeny" I shake my head, refusing his answer. "The bloodline has not been broken for nigh a millennia. My father was Papa, his father, his father's father, his father's father's father, his father...".

Before he has a chance to continue his long rant I let out a long, deep breath and say "The Cardinal is our next senior most member, he's been your right-hand man" I try to reason with the old man. "But sister..." he starts again but I cannot take any more of this tantrum he is throwing.

"Need I remind you, he holds the esteemed honour of the second most employee of the month award" I fold my arms growing more annoyed the longer this conversation takes place.

"Very well. It is done" he frowns once more, turning away from me knowing he was not going to win this fight and using his oxygen mask as his rambling affected his lungs.

I am cut off from my train of thought by a knocking on my office door, "Enter" I say loudly, turning away from Papa Nihil to see who was there.

The door opened rather quickly, A ghoul stood tall, silver mask reflecting the light from the window, he bowed in respect to both me and Nihil before speaking. "Sister, Papa, my apologies for disturbing you however I have news I thought you should know". The ghoul looks at me and I raise my brow and I gesture for him to continue.

"The Cardinal has returned from his 'secret' venture in the forest but he did not return alone. He has brought a young lady with him. The last I heard he was coming to speak to you about letting her join the ministry". He bows once more to both of us and silently leaves the room.

Celestial POV

I had only been at the church for a short time and I already know, in my heart, that this is where I belong. As soon as the Cardinal guided me through the tall wooden doors, I felt at home.

I quickly get lost in my thoughts about all the potential I had here when suddenly Cardinal Copia finds his way into my mind.

He is quite tall, slender and extremely handsome. His eyes are the most interesting that I have never seen before, one eye green like the forest after a storm and the other a stark white which almost looks as if it was glowing.

A male's beauty is something I would have ignored usually but something about him was calling to me.

Whilst in my daze I realise the Cardinal is no longer talking. I looked around the foyer I was in and there was no sign of him apart from his scent where he once sat. How long had he been gone?

"Cardinal? Copia? Are you there?" I call out quietly hoping not to disturb the other residents here. After waiting for a response that never came I decided to look for him.

I make my way out of the foyer and into the hallway which was made of high wooden arches with intricate paintings on the ceilings.

After walking what felt like hours I came across a door that was opened ever so slightly but where muffled voices were speaking. A familiar voice stood out from the others, that being the Cardinals.