Chapter 23

Ni-ki was busy, he always was but that was only because two of his colleagues got sick and couldn't attend work.

Great, I am so frustrated, but I need to keep a smile on my face.

He sighed as he grabbed a few cups that his good friend Beomgyu had made for him in an instant and Ni-ki for a second thought that he was some kind of a superhero, but that wasn't the case.

He quickly placed them on the tray and started walking toward his customers at a quick pace.

"Here you go, sir an iced americano, enjoy." Ni-ki smiled until that smile was wiped off of his face in a second since he noticed that Sunghoon was sitting there.

How the heck
did he find me...?

Ni-ki sighed as tried his best to walk away, but Sunghoon was quick to call out his name, making Ni-ki stop walking immediately. "Can we talk?" Sunghoon asked while Ni-ki bit his lip in response. "I am working,  I am sorry but, it's a no," Ni-ki replied. "I understand, I am sorry for bothering you..." Sunghoon said I'd like to pay for it already if that's possible that is." Sunghoon added while Ni-ki turned around and walked closer to him and did what he was kind of asked to do.

"Keep the exchange." Sunghoon smiled at him while Ni-ki nodded at him in response. "Okay, thank you." Ni-ki politely smiled at him and soon after that he turned around and started walking toward Beomgyu.

It's weird, but I missed
seeing him smile...

"It's time for you to take a break, Riki-ah," Beomgyu said while Ni-ki nodded at him. "Thanks, Gyu hyung." Ni-ki smiled and soon after that, he walked to the storage room if you can even call it that, since it was more of a dining room, but who was Ni-ki to judge? He grabbed his sandwich, sat on one of the stools, and started eating it.

Well, my morning is
ruined that's for sure...

Ni-ki thought to himself as he took a bite of his sandwich.

🌬️

"You seem down..." Beomgyu commented. "Well, you would be too if an old friend of yours would come back, but before that leaving without a warning just like that..." Ni-ki huffed as he grabbed the cappuccino and placed it on his tray. "I'll be going, thanks for listening to my rants, hyung." Ni-ki smiled at him, while Beomgyu nodded at him with a blank face, and just like that Ni-ki walked to a lady and gave her a drink.

He is probably lost...

Ni-ki chuckled. Soon after that he walked away but was stunned to see Sunghoon standing there.

What-

...

How-

Ni-ki swallowed as he decided to pass through him, even though he knew that Sunghoon was not invisible nor see trough.

"Can we talk now, Riki-ah?" Sunghoon asked while Ni-ki stopped walking and soon after that glanced at him. "About what?" Ni-ki raised an eyebrow at him. He didn't want to make the last customer uncomfortable in any way. "About everything, if I'm being honest," Sunghoon replied as he locked eyes with him and Ni-ki could feel it again. He could feel his heart beat faster, those butterflies in his stomach that he desperately tried to ignore, he still felt the same way about him, even though he felt like he shouldn't.

Why...am I like this...?

Ni-ki sighed. "We can talk about it later," Ni-ki replied and Sunghoon nodded at him. "Place and time?" Sunghoon asked as he raised an eyebrow at him. "My shift ends at three in the afternoon and that's in about ten minutes, you can wait for me if you want to talk to me so desperately," Ni-ki said and soon after that, he walked to Beomgyu.

"Is that your friend or ex-friend?" Beomgyu asked. "Yeah, he is..." Ni-ki glanced down. "You know he's handsome, maybe you can let him explain-" Beomgyu was interrupted by Ni-ki. "Just because he's handsome that doesn't mean that I'll forgive him that easily," Ni-ki said while Beomgyu laughed at him. "Jeez okay, sorry Riki..." Beomgyu glanced down in shame while Ni-ki grinned at him. "Nah, it's fine, you can have him if you'd like to hyung, Sunghoon hyung likes to leave without any warning and you don't like to stay in long-term relationships, a match made in heaven," Ni-ki said and he did mean it.

🌬️

Crap...

"I have forgotten to take my scarf..." Ni-ki sighed while Beomgyu was busy giving Yunho the keys to the coffee shop they were working in.

I better leave and talk with him even though he doesn't deserve it...

Ni-ki glanced at a black car with tinted glass and he immediately knew that it was Sunghoon's car.

I guess that some things
never change, huh?

Ni-ki walked up to the car but was slightly surprised because of the window opening thanks to Sunghoon. "Do you drive?" Sunghoon asked and Ni-ki did nod his head in response. "Where do you want us to meet then?" Sunghoon asked while Ni-ki sighed in response. "I don't usually drive to work because my apartment is close by, hyung," Ni-ki said and Sunghoon nodded at him in response. "Hop in then." Sunghoon offered and Ni-ki glanced down as he bit his lip in response. "Okay..."

🌬️

The ride itself was pretty awkward, with Ni-ki glancing out of the window the whole time, Sunghoon paying attention to the road-

.・゜゜・

"'Cause you keep your eyes
on the road, both hands on the wheel, you never let go"

*+:。.。 。.。:+*

"It's pretty cold outside..." Sunghoon blurted out making Ni-ki widen his eyes out of surprise, he didn't expect that they'd even utter a word to each other. Finally, he somehow tried to calm himself down and replied. "Yeah, I still can't believe that I forgot to take my scarf with me, I always get cold easily," Ni-ki said as he glanced in Sunghoon's direction for a second before glancing down.

"I know..." Sunghoon replied as he pressed the brakes on his car since the traffic lights showed red.  "I can borrow you mine, but it's in my bag..." Sunghoon added and soon after that, he sighed. "No need for that and maybe we could go to the park or-" Ni-ki was caught off guard because Sunghoon interrupted him. "Can we go somewhere else?" Sunghoon suggested. "And where exactly would you want to go then hyung?" Ni-ki raised an eyebrow at him while Sunghoon pressed the gas on his car since the traffic lights showed green. "Perhaps, on Mars?" Sunghoon asked slightly provoking the younger, while Ni-ki stayed silent on that.

"I'll respect your decision on going to the park, okay?" Sunghoon glanced at Ni-ki who nodded in response.

.・゜゜・

"I used to hope all the lights would be red or yellow, now I hope for green, so I can pretend that's why you ignore me..."

...

"But you keep your eyes on the road, no matter what color the traffic lights glow..."

*+:。.。 。.。:+*