Chapter 6

☔

And just like that, the snow started melting away it was already February and it was slightly weird to Ni-ki, but then again it did rain here and there which did help him with his comfort since the loud banging on his bedroom door would not stop until one in the morning and he has school to attend to.

But, Sunghoon was on his mind ever since December, how he declined every single invite whenever Ni-ki was mentioned, it hurt him, but it did prove his point, right? That Sunghoon was only nice to him because he was Jay's friend, nothing more.

On the other hand, Sunghoon was busy taking care of his mother's flowers, and organizing his father's papers because he could hear the loud moans coming from his father's office every single time and he didn't like that.

His father cheated on his mother, a pure soul, a person who loved him with all her heart, and a person who enjoyed simple things and he still has to see him and his mistress acting all cute around him and it did drive him crazy.

Some people might think, that a perfect person like him was like a flower that would even in winter stay and not has some frost on it left because that frost would just melt away, that that flower would stay no matter the season, occasion-

🌬️

That wasn't true at all, he was blaming himself for all of it happening, that was why he was even the class president, had top grades in class, and was always neat and smelt like roses like some of his fangirls would describe him, a perfect human being, but with so many insecurities, he thought that Ni-ki and he would become friends immediately, but that was not the case and Ni-ki did prove him that, he did not have to say anything more.

He knew, that he had trust issues, but he thought that he hated him and he felt bad for that, he truly did.

That was until he remembered that he had forgotten his leather jacket in Jay's house and went back to grab it- that was when he saw Ni-ki wearing a buttoned-up shirt that was light blue and black trousers with a pair of black sneakers, he simply widened his eyes out of surprise and then the realization hit him.

He doesn't want to be friends with him, he doesn't even like him enough to speak to him, even though in the back of his mind they did share conversations.

Just like that, he turned around and wanted to walk away, but he heard Ni-ki call out his name, loud and clear. At first, he thought, that he didn't hear anything and that his mind was fooling with him.

"Sunghoon hyung!?" Ni-ki called out even louder and Sunghoon swallowed in response to that, but he did turn around and glance at the younger. "You forgot your jacket, Jay hyung told me about it." Ni-ki smiled at him before pointing at the door that led to Jay's house.

Sunghoon was left confused, but he still did follow the younger to Jay's house.

"Sunghoon-ah you didn't show up for Christmas last year." Jay frowned at him while Sunoo let out a small chuckle in response. "Sorry, for that my father had some unfinished stuff to do, so I-"

"I didn't know that you had that many responsibilities, hyung," Ni-ki commented as he brought him coffee without him even asking for it.

What happened...?

Sunghoon glanced at Ni-ki for a second before he simply looked away. "I, uh just left my leather jacket here-"

"Hyung, can we talk?" He heard Ni-ki ask and Sunghoon tilted his head in confusion, but he still agreed to it, he did have a choice after all.

"What did you want to talk about?" Sunghoon asked somewhat coldly while Ni-ki felt rather nervous to even respond, but he still did.

"I just-" He stopped speaking for a second as he glanced down. "I wanted to say sorry once again," Ni-ki said out loud expecting some kind of a reaction from Sunghoon, but he didn't get one.

"Okay." Sunghoon glanced at him and it was rather awkward.

What kind of a response was that?

Ni-ki thought as he furrowed his eyebrows at him.

"Why are you-" Ni-ki was interrupted by Sunghoon this time and it did surprise him. "I know that you do not like me and you do not have to apologize for that, okay?" Sunghoon said as he crossed his arms at him and Ni-ki as soon as he heard that, felt furious.

"I do not hate you!?" Ni-ki said as his voice only got louder. "I just-" He stopped speaking as he felt his eyes getting teary and he could not see Sunghoon's shocked expression or the way soon after that he bit his lip at that not knowing how to comfort him.

"Sorry." Sunghoon let out and Ni-ki was surprised to hear that. "I am older than you and I should have been more mature and it's fine," Sunghoon said as he walked closer to him. "I know that this is weird for you, but I heard that a hug can help," Sunghoon said. "Do you want me to hug you or you're fine like that?" Sunghoon added. "I can call Jay or Sunoo-"

"Just hug me already," Ni-ki responded and soon after that, he chuckled. Sunghoon moved closer to him and wrapped his arms around him and of course that Ni-ki hugged him back.

"This is weird." Ni-ki laughed. "Tell me about it." Sunghoon chuckled as they stayed like that for what seemed forever and maybe it was to them, they both felt comfortable it felt nice, not only to Ni-ki but to Sunghoon too.

The moment they both let go of each other was when Sunoo called out their names and slightly mocked them for taking too long because he wanted to watch a movie with all of them.

"I guess that we should go now, huh?" Ni-ki suggested. "Already sick of me?" Sunghoon teased and Ni-ki wanted to smack him, but didn't, after all, he felt like he had made a friend without even asking him to be that in the first place.