Chunin Exams 1: Tenth Question and a Sadistic Snake

Start from the beginning

"Naruto, since you weren't here, do you know the rules?" Sasuke asked.

"Yep, I know them." I said with a smile.

His cheeks turned to a faint colour of pink and replied, "Okay,"

We went to our assigned gate and waited for them to open.

Suddenly, a loud bell rang and the old looking gated creaked open.

We ran before it fully opened to get a head start and ran through the deadly forest.

We traveled through the thick trees, trying to find teams that could have a heaven scroll.

After a while of running, my teammates got a little tired and needed rest.

We stopped at a clearing. Many trees and vines surrounded it which made it a good place to fight because there wouldn't be anything to block your attacks.

Since they needed a break and I still have lots of energy to waste, I told my team, "I'm going to explore for a bit to see if there are any teams nearby."

"Okay, thanks!" The two said.

3rd POV

He walked off, thinking they'd be safe enough but he forgot that being cautious was a priority when going into the Forest of Death.

Naruto explored the perimeter of the clearing, hoping to find a team with a heaven scroll.

Though he did find something, it wasn't what he expected.

A giant snake attacked him. It lunged itself towards him and opened its mouth, ready to swollen him whole.

Naruto jumped back just enough so it wouldn't put him in its mouth.

'This snake isn't from this training ground.' I thought to Kurama.

"You're right. It's probably Orochimaru's doing..." The overgrown fox commented.

'Orochimaru's here already?!'

"If my hunch is correct, then yes."

'I need to report this to Hokage-sama right away!"

"You wouldn't be able to so hold on. You should report it after the two parts of the exam are done."

"You're right, thanks,"

"No problem, kit!" He says.

I continued to fight the snake. I punched its long body, making it fall. It got up quickly, almost biting me as it did.

I eventually won by stabbing it in the throat.

Even if I've won, I didn't waste any time congratulating myself. I raced towards my teammates because if Kurama was correct, they would be in big trouble.

I rushed back to see Orochimaru extending his neck and biting Sasuke between the neck and shoulders.

A seal formed while the snake sanin shortened his neck and disappeared, leaving a heaven scroll behind.

Sasuke collapsed and landed on the ground with a thud.

After, I quickly ran towards him and picked him up.

"Sakura, what happened?" I asked while panicking.

"We were resting but then, that snake-like guy came and started to attack us!" A terrified Sakura said.

'I didn't think he'd make a move so quickly...'

"Me too. You should tell the old man as soon as you get the chance, kit." Kurama says.

'I will but I should focus on getting my teammates to a safe place first.'

I picked the heaven scroll Orochimaru left and told Sakura to follow me, saying I'll protect her even if it costs my own life to calm her a little.

We walked to the middle of the deadly forest to pass the test.

On the way, a couple of teams tried to steal our scrolls but I quickly defeated them to get to the tower quickly.

I wanted to get there as soon as possible because Orochimaru could come and attack again, which wouldn't be safe for us because even I wouldn't have a chance against him.

We arrived to the tower and went inside. I sighed a breath of relief because I wouldn't need to worry as much. I opened both of the scrolls and...