Bonding Trip 1: Setting Up Camp

"Thanks Kakashi...-nii."

He looked shocked but quickly eyed smiled. 'He hasn't called me 'Kakashi-nii' since that night...'

Flashback no jutsu!

"Itachi-nii, please don't go!" I said with water flowing out of my eyes.

"You know I have too, if I don't, Sasuke will die."

He looked at me with sad eyes. He just killed his whole clan, leaving Sasuke as the last Uchiha.

"Isn't there some other way?!"

"No, I'm sorry Naruto."

"Wait!" I said before my eyelids became heavy.

The last thing I heard was, "Take care of yourself, Naruto."

I woke up in a hospital with a puffy eyed Kakashi beside me.

He noticed me and asked, "Naruto! Are you okay?"

I nodded me head, my eyes were puffy from what happened from what happened.

"Itachi... he left the village after he massacred his clan by the Hokage's orders."

"Kakashi..."

"Hmm?"

"Will Itachi come back?"

"I... I don't know..." He answered with sad eyes.

3rd POV

After the massacre, Naruto became more distant and stopped calling Kakashi 'brother'. He avoids talking about Itachi and spends his days doing missions nonstop.

"Naruto, it isn't healthy, take a break." Kakashi and the Hokage pleaded.

Naruto stayed silent and put his hand out to receive a scroll for a mission.

"You just came back from a mission. You've done way too many in a day, take a break, please."

He lowered his hands and walked out of the Hokage's office.

He sunshinned to his appartement and took his mask off, he was going to cry and didn't know how to stop it.

'Kurama...'

"Take a break, you need it." He said, not letting Naruto finish his sentence.

'Im fine, I'm not tired.'

"Kit, I'm sealed in you, I know you're tired, don't lie."

'...'

"Just a week off, please."

'...fine.'

He knew he needed a break but he didn't want to take one because it would make him think of Itachi. 

A week later, Naruto took his first mission in a while. This time, he didn't take missions after missions, he took one mission in a day or two thanks to Kurama's help.

A few months flew by and Naruto got over the massacre. He still tried to avoid the topic and won't call Kakashi 'brother' but he was smiling more and was happy.