Chapter 7: Land of Waves

It's been several months since I 'became genin' and I've been doing a lot of D- ranked missions.

A lot of things changed since we became genin. For starters, Sakura stopped being a fangirl and became a likeable person. She's more focused on training and and became a kunoichi with high potential. She even has a new goal, it's to be a medic nin.

Sasuke opened up more, he became less of an emo and stopped thinking about revenge. He also smiles more, which makes him look cute, not that he isn't already.

In the back of my mind, I hear Kurama chuckle as he hears my thoughts on how cute Sasuke's smile was.

I sighed, today, I'll need to take another D-ranked and I'm getting bored of it. Maybe I'll ask for a C-rank, Hokage-sama won't mind right?

Me and the rest of team 7 stood in front of the Hokage ready to revive another mission.

The Hokage went through the D-ranked missions, listing them off.

"Hokage-sama, is it possible to get a higher ranked mission, like a C-rank?" I asked politely.

"Naruto! You can't get a higher rank, you just became genin!" Iruka protests.

"What do you think, Kakashi?"

"I think they're ready, Hokage-sama."

"Okay, bring the bridge builder." He called to the Anbu.

There were footsteps and the door opened, showing two Anbu behind an old man who was obviously drunk.

I froze. Flashbacks of that night running through my head. My heart was pounding like it was going to explode.

I backed up, leaning against the hokage's desk while our client introduced himself as Tazuna, the great bridge builder and started mocking me and my teammates.

I didn't mind the mocking, after all, I've been through it my whole life. The only thing I felt at the moment besides fear was anger, why did he mock Sasuke? Why was I mad at this anyway?

My breath was uneven as all eyes turned to me.

Kakashi and the Hokage had a look of realisation on their face as the others looked confused.

Suddenly, a kunai touched against the glass bottle the bridge building was holding and broke.

The person who threw it was Kakashi, using his eye smile to reassure me that I was fine.

3rd POV

Sasuke was mad. Even if he didn't show it, he was mad.

'The fucking bridge builder, fuck him
for making Naruto scared.' He thought angrily.

'Why was he scared anyways? He's just drunk.' The confused duck-butt questioned.

'Well, it's not my business so I shouldn't question it.'

Anyways, Kakashi-sensei told his team to pack for a months worth of a trip before they left the hokage's office.

Emo walked in the lonely Uchiha compound. 'It would be nice if someone besides me lived here.' He thought, taking off his shoes and walking to his room.

He opened the door to his room and started packing the necessities.

...

The ocean eyed protagonist walked in the
Red-Light District, which is where he lived.

He came to his appartement to see a broken down door. He sighed, 'I should've expected this, it's been a while since this had happened anyway.'

He walked in, ignoring the broken glass scattered in front of his window and walked to his closet.

He took what he usually packs for his Anbu missions, it was just some clothes, toothbrush, toothpaste and weapons.

An hour later, team 7 stood in front of the gate that separated Konoha from the forest.

The previously drunk man who introduced himself as Tazuna walked up to them.

Naruto backed up a bit before realising he wasn't drunk and stopped.

They waited and waited for their sensei to arrive, Tazuna was about to go back to see what was talking so long but then, the closet pervert finally showed up!

"Sorry, a black cat crossed my path so I had to take the long way." He wasn't Kakashi if he didn't make his lame excuses, right?

Team 7 and Tazuna walked on a dirt path, everything was going fine until Naruto and Kakashi noticed a puddle not that far away.

'It didn't rain in days, do they think we're stupid?' The blond shinobi wondered.

He and Kakashi nodded, silently agreeing not to do anything until they attacked.

Suddenly, two mist shinobi jumped out of the poorly made genjutsu puddle and tied a chain around Kakashi.

Before they could kill him, he substituted with a random log in the forest and hid in a tree nearby.

Sakura, Sasuke and Naruto went into action, Sakura in a defensive stance and Sasuke was ready to attack.

'Not bad!' Naruto thought as he watched Sasuke fighting one of the demon brothers while the other was racing towards him.

Naruto and Sasuke fought the demon brothers while Sakura was protecting Tazuna.

When the fight was over, Kakashi appeared saying, "good job!" Surprising Tazuna.

"Wha-... how?" He asked.

"Substitution." He replied simply.

"Oh." He said, making it very obvious he had no idea what that was.

They continued walking, following the dirt path. Team 7 stopped when they heard something move in a bush next to them.

Naruto went to check it out and found a rabbit. 'Why's the rabbits coat white? It's summer, not winter.'

Just as he finished his thought, he sensed something coming towards them in a rapid pace.

"Duck!" He and Kakashi yelled. Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura ducked while Kakashi pulled Tazuna down since his reaction time won't be quick enough.

Right after everyone ducked, a massive sword flew where their head would've been and crashed on a tree behind them.

A man with a bandage wrapped on his face similar to Kakashi landed on the sword.

He had a mist shinobi headband with a slash through the symbole.

'Zabuza Momochi...' Naruto and Kakashi thought.

To be continued...